how far do i space my plants on tubing?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by army stoner, Dec 29, 2014.

1. #1 army stoner, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
    i have 4" pvc that i'm turning into a hydroponic system. I have  50 feet of 4" pvc, with (4) 90's and (6) T's  it will look like the attached picture when its complete. My question is how far should i space my plants to maximize my lights and grow area. http://prntscr.com/5m3mdf

2. why would the distance be any different than what you regularly do with the lights? 

here's the chart someone gave me :) so it depends on your lights......

Light-proximity.jpg

3. Not spacing between light + plants. I'm asking Distance between plant and plant on the pvc. 

4. #4 nonfiction, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
    i guess that depends on your goal! you going for a sea of green want really high numbers flower one king bud per plant? or do you want to veg longer let the plants spread out and grow bigger and get bigger yields? ive never used the pvc but idk if you can do both, there might simply just not be enough room for roots, but i could be wrong, its something to think about,  in a tent i sometimes do one plant per square foot, out doors i'd do one plant per 4 square feet vegging since feb lol ya know what i mean?

you could probably create a decent screen! course that would take experimenting on your part :)

5. I was thinking of doing scrog so ill probably want longer veg times. One per feet is nice, id be able to do 46 plants

6. 4in pipe will block.