Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how far can the smell travel?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WizTheKhalifa, Oct 15, 2011.

1. how far can the smell of a bowl being smoked outside in some wind travel? Like how far away can it be smelled and for how long? Im planning on smoking a few bowls in my backyard tonight but im not sure if my neighbors would smell it.

2. just do it, make sure your neighbors are not directly next to you. the more wind the better, but it might be hard to light your bowl.

3. Not sure but I've smoked in my backyard plenty of times without anyone saying something about the smell

4. That's a very interesting question actually. I'd say it depends on the air composition (different areas of the world with different kind of air) altitude also should play some role in the breakdown of the smoke into tiny weeny particles. Wind also plays a big role.

5. as long as they can't see you, you're probably fine with bowls. just blow your smoke to the sky and you should be good.

6. I always smoke in my back yard, and nobody says anything...

7. yea that's me

8. Don't make it a big deal, and it won't be a big deal.

(Don't act fucking suspicious!)

9. it will travel a good distance, but unless they have a bloodhound they wont be able to trace it back to you. . . unless your smoking with all the lights on music blasting and drawing attention to yourself

10. you'll be fine. done this so many times its incredible, you seriously have nothing to worry about long as ur yards fenced in and you cant be seen.

11. Bout 20 miles... you'll be fucked if you smoke. seriously, death penalty

12. One day I was smoking in the woods of some really good stuff with a couple buddies. I heard an ATV ripping around so I walked out of the woods and he pulled up to me saying "I can smell that all the way down the road" I kind;ov expected a bitching from this 30 year old guy but right after he said "Want to match?" Ended up being a pretty good burn session.

Back on topic though, it can travel pretty far. He smelt it a little under a football field's length away.

13. I've been wondering this too kinda. I smoke in my room and blow the smoke into an opposite facing window fan (so it sucks the smoke outside) so you think the neighbors can smell it next door?

Edit: I think above answered my question...eek.

14. THEY KNOWW

:eek:

15. Heh if your a stoner you can smell it miles away, but if your a civilian you won't notice it much.

16. alot of people actually sketch out on weed...
    some people just paranoy out tha ass when there high.. but its one of the side effects sometimes i guess

17. i smoked in my backyard multiple times a day for like 3 years, even with neighbors outside. neighbors aren't going to know where its coming from if they cant see you haha

18. over 9000 feet