Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How far away can you smell bong?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tys123, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Hello everyone, this is my first post so sorry if this has been asked a million times or if I'm in the wrong area. My parents are out of town this weekend so I was going to smoke in my backyard with a bong. However I live in a neighborhood and I don't want all my neighbors on the street to be able to smell it, each lot is about a little less than 1 acre. I live in a very affluent community so all my neighbors are surgeons/doctors/lawyers and they're kind of douchey (basically the stereotypical rich white 50 year old ass) so I'm not sure if they'd call the cops or tell my parents. Also some families on my street and they probably wouldn't take kindly to the smell of weed. So just wondering if you think they'd be able to smell me using a bong in my backyard. 

2. Your post makes me lol for real.

3. If you are really worried about this, make a sploof (google it if you dont know what it is). If you use this, there is literally 0% chance that they can smell the weed. Without it, there is a chance they could smell it. 

4. #4 star-glittering-ocean, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    1 m and 12 cm
    nah seriosly..
    alot of factors plays in here. If you smoke outdoors from a bong if the wind blows it smells of course alot more in that direction. If there is no wind at all you can easily trap the smell in a pretty little area.
    I don't think you would have to worry that much regaring smells though... but you might consider not taking a toke every  2 minutes for hours straight though.

5. your fine dude. too hard to tell where its coming from if they smell it, albeit your not making a ruckus 

6. I've been in a similar situation. I smoke on my back porch and my neighbors live super close to me.

One day when it was windy, my girlfriend said she smelled weed whe she turned onto my street. Other times, she said she can't even notice i blazed.
    In my opinion, it depends on the size of the rip, the quality/smell of the weed and how windy it is.

And if anyone says anything, you have rights. If they don't have any evidence showing you actually smoked, that weed smell could be from any of your other neighbors.

Be smart and consciousness and you will be fine. Oh and use a sploof if needed, trust me they work

Hope that helped

7. You will be smelled, tracked down, and arrested.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. wow...lol toke 5 ft away from the guy outside and i bet he wont smell it

9. Put flavoured water into your bong (Strawberry is good) it covers the smell of the weed to a certain degree. Works for me anyway!

10. If there's an air vent above your stove at home, that would probably be your best bet. Just keep everything right there where the smoke travels directly into the suction.

11. just wait till nightime 

12. Thank you. Not much wind like onky a few milles per hour. As far as a spoof, that's for when you exhale but is there any smell from when your burning the weed. Thank you

13. will folks smell it? yea probably, but how are they going to pinpoint it to you? not like youre hotboxing the house or hitting it on the steet for the whole world to see. you should be fine, dont overthink it and enjoy!

14. dont admit to it? say there trippen? if the cops arrive u dont have to open the door u kno rite. there not gonna go get a warrant for ur 14yo ass LMAO smokin weed. ud be suprised how many doctors nd sergens are pro weed nd smoke. and ur goood smoke all u fuken want noones even gonna kno stop trippen.

15. As long as you have a fence and neighbors cant see you through a window hitting a bong theres no way of them knowing your smoking weed, as for the smell. No way the neighbors will smell it if your on an acre of land, when smoking outside the smell quickly dissapears, its not going to travel all around your neighborhood lol. I say if you have at least 20 ft. distance from your neighbors while smoking you'll be more than ok.