how far away can a plants smell travel?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cabalot, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Hey guys just wondering, how far will the scent of a few small auto-flowering plants travel. I live in an apartment complex and would like to grow on my south facing balcony. I have a stealth spot close by but it's a pain in the ass sneaking in there because people hike in that area but my location is off the road with pricker bushes. No one discovered the bag seed plants I grew which turned out to males but it was my first grow and I learned a lot. They are for personal consumption so I don't need a big yield. An oz can last me 4 months but that's because I only have one guy as I am new to the area and he only gets Mexican 100% sativa which gives me too much energy. I work at 5:30 am so I need indica to knock me out. i also have a bad back and insomnia. I like sativa on weekend when i drink beer and whiskey, it wakes me up and clears my head.

2. 66,838,839,828 lightyears

3. Squared.

4. IMHO using my far superior intellect on these matters and microscope in hand I have concluded that the travel only travels 65,967,345 lightyears squared. Any disagreement with this methodology means you need to send me money via my website that I have dedicated years of study on this one particarler annalyzes.:hello:

Exact science is rather conclusive depending upon how good a sniffer you have. Unfortunely the best sniffers always seem for some odd reason goes to the dreaded "Picker". Yet I know I can smell about 100-200 feet away if I leave some of my ladies out for a spell in a country setting. Yet we do have a lot of skunks and they all get ran over so morning time is rather hard to tell what is what.

5. I guess I better stick with stealth, our balconies are private with brick walls but that doesn't block smell. The maintenance crew came by unexpected to swap my air conditioner and had to access my balcony where I had my seedlings growing that already had the recognizable leafs showing but they were cool.

6. Yea an what are the odds that one was a picker an another was a snitch?

7. Highly ill advised. Some plants dont smell some plants one can smell a whole house up like its jet fuel.

You put it on your balacony and one day while your sitting there watching TV thinking all is well the boys in blue will show up and you will never know who called them to tell on you.

Usually to when they arrest people for growing...they weigh it all soil leaves stems etc and if that weighs 2 pounds they change you with 2 pounds of illegally owned material not the bud.

8. A lot farther than you think.
    Year before last my ex-soninlaw tobe had a problem with the fan/carbon filter exhasting out the back of the house. The neighbor across the street & four houses up the block mentioned that a family of skunks must have moved onto the block.
    Windy days no much of a problem but dog days of summer with no wind that smell will just linger. Can't you smell that smell:D