Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how exactly will this effect my tolerance?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Castle 420, Dec 29, 2010.

1. I just moved to Asheville. I have yet to meet a dealer, and am considering buying some K2 to hold me over until i do find a dealer.

Although I am *semi* aware of the dangers of K2, I still think I want to give it a shot. I've smoked it ONCE before.. I just remember how chemically it tasted.
    So-
    What exactly is in the k2, is it JWH? If not, would I be better of buying pure JWH? Where would I find that? Does K2 bind to my THC receptors? Would smoking k2 effectively end my Tbreak?

I understand I will be getting a slue of people telling me how stupid I am. So go ahead and bring that on.

thanks to anyone offering any substantial information :hello:

Also,
    inb4/thread

2. if your going to smoke spice, please dont smoke k2, your better off smoking dirt then that

3. Besides dirt what other types of spice would you suggest?

4. na dude that shit messes with your canabanoid recepters thay get all confused and getting hige feels weird afterword

5. That shit fucks you up. If you really need a buzz that bad then buy a beer or something, dont fuck up your system.

6. K2 or "spice" usually contains a few different compounds that behave similarly to THC. The most well known being JWH-018. The other I think is called CP-47 or CP-497 and others including: cannabicyclohexanol and HU-210.

As for it bonding to receptors: "So while JWH-018 has four-fold greater potency for CB1 receptors than THC in an isolated receptor binding study, how its effect compares to plain-old marijuana depends on other factors such as the relative amount in the product, how stable it is to combustion, how it's metabolized in the body, among others."

I don't know much about it as I don't smoke that shit. Thats about all the information i have.

I'd suggest waiting until you get a hook-up, my friend. Anything synthetically made WILL NOT compare to mary-jane. The wait will make it more enjoyable.

7. Know how long this lasts for mate? I smoked JWH frequently last year and my highs have never been the same. Never had more than two weeks off the weed since but not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Felt weird in what way?

8. As I posted earlier, apparently the compounds used for k2 have "four-fold" greater potency for receptors. I think it's safe to say that it probably shoots your tolerance either right up, or at least fucks with it a great deal.

9. I'm not worried as long as it's tolerance based. I know this sounds irresponsible but as long as I haven't fucked up or worn out my receptors permanently then I'm fine.

Read online that JWH acts as a full agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors while THC is only a partial agonist. This could explain why some people are having seizures because of this stuff.

10. I would be worried personally. I don't want to smoke something thats going to affect how my brain reacts to THC. I don't take risks, hence why I will only touch something that's natural. Unless I see some sort of proof that k2 won't fuck up the way I get high, then I wont smoke it. But each to their own. :)

11. Where have you heard that the active ingredients in K2 affect the way the brain reacts to THC? If it's only tolerance based surely a long t-break would solve the problem?

12. The dangers of K2 greatly depend on the user but it's not the most dangerous thing it the world it's just not great for you at all... I've never smoked it personally but even without access to pot I don't think I would choose too. That beats the entire purpose of marijuana for me, smoking a 100% complete natural substance.

But anyway... K2 is basically synthetic cannabis made up using a few key chemicals that mimic the effects of pot with more intense effects and harmfulness. The 3 main synthetic cannabanoids that are in most are JWH-18, JWH-073 and HU-210. HU-210 is actually a Analgesic (painkiller) that is very potent and exhibits similar effects to THC. Although it is a painkiller, it isn't good for you. But it is most commonly used (other then synthetic pot) to aid in Alzheimer's diease by preventing Amyloid beta proteins inflammation. There are also several other chemicals that have been found in K2 products that you may not want to put in you... But it can taste very chemically (SURPRISE!) depending on the flavours you get. You do get a big high from it, but alot of the time it's very intense especially with larger doeses and lasts alot longer then pot... I don't recommend it but if really want to take on this as your recreational drug for a bit - to each his own! If I were you though I would use my "Dealer Sense" skills and find some GREEEEN!

13. Sure, maybe. But at the same time they put chemicals that are synthetically made that are similar to THC...but at the end of the day, isn't the real deal. If those chemicals are bonding to the same receptors that are used when I smoke weed...then no thank you. You don't know how your body will react to these chemicals. But I know what the effects of actual THC are.

14. Make relationships instead of smoking K2.. Go meet neighbors or something. Try to make some connections that might know a dealer.

15. I've been looking for this info everywhere... I been on papers so I was doing this for a couple months til I found out early termination is a joke when you pay for a lawyer with a MasterCard instead of your taxes... But I'm wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to unbond?

16. Hear what everyone else said? Forget it. I smoke the synthetic stuff all the time.... around here though we don't have K2, we have posh, spice, tsunami, etc... but they are all the same... some are sprayed with JHW some are just blends of different plants(most of which are sold on this site) that give the same effects... I personally prefer the JWH types but they all work and i can vouch for them all.

It's a great mix with weed btw...