Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How exactly do you use a carb on a glass pipe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hsartevisnepxe, Jul 7, 2016.

1. No, i'm not a child, and yes, I tried using the search to find an answer, but I wasn't able to find one that would suffice. So, I understand you get pure smoke when you cover it, and clean air comes in when you let go. I've only ever used a pipe without one, so I don't know if you're supposed to let go after you inhale, or before, or during. I also don't understand what the purpose of it is? Is it to cool down the smoke so it doesn't burn your throat as much? Everyone else seems to just know what they do, except for me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. it clears the chamber

• Like Like x 1
  3. So does that mean you're supposed to let go after you finish inhaling? Or does it matter?

4. right before you inhale.
    fill the chamber with smoke. then let go of carb to clear the chamber

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cover the carb, light it up, while inhaling in "1st gear." This will cause smoke to build up in the chamber. Once the smoke gets thick (which will be pretty quick in the beginning, longer towards the end), release the carb and cool air will rush into the chamber, as the built-up smoke rushes into your lungs. For a less intense hit, you can try only partially releasing the carb as you inhale. The more air from outside that gets in, the quicker the smoke hits your lungs. Keeping it covered and inhaling creates a vacuum effect, sucking the smoke into the pipe chamber.

• Like Like x 3
  6. like air intake and direct fuel injection in car parts terminology. Closing the hole before allowing gas to accumulate means the smoke won't escape out of the hole while it builds up. When build up is sufficient for air intake, you release the carb and get the chambered smoke as a full shot ready to directly inhale into your lungs. Hold your breath as necessary to enjoy your own skills.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sorry I don't get why you need one on a pipe.

8. Hmm Im different.... I cover the hole until the cherry takes, then let go, and to finish i cover the bowl.

9. I throttle my carb after lighting the cherry.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  10. so you dont get stale smoke on the next hit

• Like Like x 3