How exactly do you create a mother plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CrazyFritter, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Heres the question...

I have 2 plants from seeds and i do not know the sex of them yet

do i keep letting them grow then when they are ready to flower put them at 12/12 and as soon as is sex them put them back under 24/0 light

or take clones from one of them and create a mother from the clone?

If im way off please help me out
    many thanks :)

2. What I would do for a mother would be to clone each plant and put it into flower, see what sex it is. If both are female, pick the stronger plant which looks like it has the best genetics, fim it, and then fim those new growths after she is growing again and go from there! Then that way you will have some clones to replace the plant you will use as a momma :)

3. Personally I just veg untill she matures and shows preflowers, I do a lot of training on moms to form bushes so end up taking clones before preflowers usually and usually see female preflowers on mom in veg state before the clones Show sex in flower. can end up being a waste of time but :)

4. what you are supposed to do is take a cutting aka a clone from each one and let them root when they root put them in flower after 2-3 weeks they will show sex if there both females. the plants you took took the clones from can now be mama's for future clones. and thats all there is

5. Wow lots of great input!!

Thanks so much from all of you!!
    Ill carefully think about each technique