How easy is it to grow outdoors?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yellowboy06, Jan 30, 2013.

1. I want to grow outdoors in this nearby forest, it seems to have a lot of sunlight and rain, everything seems to be green all year in the forest. Also no one ever really ventures into the forests around here...

Is it as easy as dropping some seeds in the forest and watching them grow???

2. I dunno? What has your research turned up? You've read the stickies in both the begineers and outdoors sections yes?

3. If you want a decent crop for the risk and effort, no. amend the soil, protect from wildlife, give nutes, watch for males, its not that hard but dont expect to be the tony montana of pot from dropping seeds and hoping for the best

4. So can I just use basic soil you can get at like walmart or do i need lol "special" stuff (nutes)?? If i got fermented (female only) seeds would I have to deal with the males then, no rite?? do i dig a hole and put a pot in it with the germinated seed and then put a fence around to protect from animals?? seems pretty simple.

srry if english is bad

5. Ok.. so first things first prepare the soil. You want to check the PH level of where you plan to grow. You also want to check the soil type, whether its sandy, clay, or nice organic stuff. If its clay, you have a bit of work to do. If its sandy, don't bother (will get to more on this in a bit). If its nice, dark, rich soil that holds moisture but doesnt stay swolen, then perfect. You want to get your ph to the optimum level (read stickies for what this ph is, i dont remember it off hand). This is usually easily done with a bag of limescale from your hardware store. Then you want to add some nutrients to the soil. If you can get a bag of chicken manure, or mushroom fertiliser, add this to the soil mixing in well where you plan on planting. Its pretty cheap, but real good stuff, just make sure you do it a week or 2 before you put your weed in.
    You also need to clear the area of crap, so its shovel time and make sure your plants can grow directly up, and they're going to need a 2ft room each.
    Personally, I would recommend you to get a couple of big pots (the bigger the pots, the bigger the plant will grow), and digging those pots into the ground. That way, you can just add some decent potting mix / peat and most of the work is done for you. Then, just hide a big sack of water nearby for every few days you need to tend to it.
    Id also recommend you to start your seeds in small pots to begin with, and transplant them when they're a few inches tall. The most difficult part is the beginning of their life, so you want to have your eye on them for the first week or 2.
    Hope this helps. Its pretty basic stuff, if you can grow a tomato plant you can grow weed outdoors. :)

6. Sorry I've just read your last post. Depending on where you are, there may be wildlife that eats it, there may not. Just google that. No point putting a fence up if you dont have to and arousing suspicion. You still want to check that the plants aren't male, so be checking on them every now and then. First things first, pots & soil or fertilise the existing dirt and break it up. They love airy soil. Not compacted hard shit.

7. There is lots of deer around my area.

So BASICALLY dig holes, put pots in holes, fill with natural soil and fertilizer (chicken manure, worms, etc) and mix well, check ph(do i really need to do this?), let sit for two weeks, germinate seeds in tub container, once germinated place seeds in pots, check for males and remove them, water plant during hot droughts, and just tend to it. Seems easy.

8. im not sure if deer are going to eat it, i dont have deer around me in australia haha. if you are using pots, just use some decent potting mix and you'll be fine, you wont need to check the ph then.. most of the work is done for you (id reccomend you asking people what a good potting mix is in your area to grow weed in though, i hear some are better than others. You shouldnt need to fertilise at first as well. just start the seeds off, when they get a few inches tall then transplant them into the big pots. you should only need to fertilise once during veg growth, and once during flower growth.

9. I can't just place the small germinated seeds in the big pots?? I heard tranplanting can possibly kill your plants?? also, by "fertilize" you mean add the manure, etc. rite?

10. Yes manure. Chicken manure is my preference, very high in nitrogen.
    And yes you can damage a plant transplanting it but if your careful of the roots you should be fine. If you want to be even more pro, get an empty toilet roll and pack in soil and plant the seedling in that. That way it's 100% biodegradable and will rot away in the soil as long as its wet when you plant that straight in te bog pot.You won need to risk damaging the plant then.

11. #11 yellowboy06, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    So is this the method u talking about??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-nnzX-Cd0I]How To Use Toilet Paper Rolls To Make Seed Starter Pots - YouTube[/ame]

seems legit. except that it is so small?? how will the plant grow in such small area? y cant u jsut place it ina big pot initially?

also, how much do u water while it is in the toilet paper roll, and wen do i know wen it needs to be planted??

ty so muuch

12. Also do I need to use pots? or could i just dig a hole and plant them in the natural soil??

13. I harvested an ounce and a half dried weight from these simple steps..

Step 1: germinate.
    Step 2: allow for half foot growth so not to lose it to small insects or rabbits.
    Step 3: plant in backyard, after concocting a simple mix of perlite, Horbitec organic mix, and Miracle Gro, YES, Miracle Gro, seed starter.
    Step 4: water when needed.
    Step 5: check up daily to make sure there are no conflicts.
    Step 6: let nature do its things and you're good.

14. You don't need to use pots, it's up to you; it just depends what the soil is like man. If the soil is shit the the play won't be anywhere near as good. That's when you plant in pots. If the soil is good, then plant straight into the ground. And yes with the toilet paper roll thing. It's much easier to germinate a seed at home and keep te conditions right. You will need to keep it damp and humid for the first bit man, that's why it's harder to do it in big pots or straight in the ground.