Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How easy is it to get mm card in Cali?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Sshack, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CNN has a video claiming how easy it is to gain access to a Medical Marijuana permit. They explained the numerous ailments, ranging from anxiety to back pain, all of which justified for the card. The video pretty much made attacks about how proposition 215 was a fraud, and how anyone could easily gain access to cards.
    Like a medical marijuana patient said in superhigh me, if a doctor is willing to put his license on the line, he must be pretty sure you need it.
    They also didn't explain that something as small as insomnia can also branch and create furthur complications. Insomnia leads to poor sleep cycle, which leads to unhealthy diet, which leads to depression, which can lead to more unhealthy habits in order to cope. If you can stop the main problem at the source, with little to no consequence to your health, why the hell not?

2. They're easy to get because it's a recommendation. The doctor isn't telling you to ingest marijuana, it's up to you if you REALLY want to do so.

In theory I could recommend you give me $100 but does it mean that if you don't you'll be in trouble? No.

A recommendation is just somebody telling you they think it's the best thing to do.

3. I don't have one because I'm not located in cali but I heard it's fairly easy to get, it just takes a recomendation from a doctor or something.

4. Too easy to get.
    I have one and although it's for legit reasons, the system is being overtly abused.
    I do caution you that you would be strongly advise to have a verfiable condition, with prior medical documentation, because if you rec. ever comes into question, you can face criminal charges. It's well known that a good many 420 eval. clinics are not legit, so if a clinic or Dr. that you got your rec from gets shut down or Dr, loses his license, every rec that was given out can come into question.
    I hope your smart enough to see where this is headed, but to each there own.

5. A CA-licensed doctor who determines that you can benefit from cannabis, and issues you a rec is not breaking any law. Thats how the law is written, thats how it works.

Full of grey areas, yes, but that's what it is.

The only illegitimate situations are non-CA certified doctors giving out recommendations, or operations that don't even have a doctor giving out recommendations.

If you go anywhere to get a rec, ask for the name of the doctor and his license number, you can check this online:
    Welcome to the Medical Board of California - Physician License Lookup

They should give you that info immediately, its no secret.

6. #6 DankSeeker, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-...cense-dr-hany-assad-effective-11-23-09-a.html
    Above is only 1 example of of where a Dr. recommendations could come into question. I've read about several situations like this.
    Thing is the mmj system is broken, and if 19 doesn't pass, I think you'll be seeing reform in the form of stricter regulations.
    I deeply hope this isn't the case and that when 19 passes, many more states bring legislature to legalize.

7. This is how it is in cali. Doctor's are allowed to use their judgement when issuing recommendations. If a person comes in complaining about an ailment, the doctor can refer to established research that has proven various things that cannabis treats.

The reason this makes it seem unnaturally "easy" is because, we are learning that cannabis virtually treats EVERYTHING. I got my card for asthma. that may seem ridiculous to some people but the only thing harmful about marijuana smoke is the smoke itself, which contains burnt bud particles. the active compounds in cannabis actually open the airways and bronchial tubes. Having joint pain? Rub hash oil over the afflicted area.

This plant is the most amazing medicine of all time. If any of you have doubts, just look for it on the internet. Here on GC, you can find Granny Storm Crow's massive list of studies on medicinal cannabis. It's mind-blowing.

8. QFT

A lot of people do not know about this.

9. Very easy- IF you have a legit medical condition. Even so, cannabis is one of the most restricted of medicinal herbs, which is a shame since it is SO useful and has yet to cause a single overdose fatality (unlike even aspirin which kills 100s every year :eek: ).

My view on this is that ALL cannabis use is medicinal- whether you realize it or not!

Recreational users get medical benefits from cannabis, even if they don't realize it! :smoke:

By the year 2050, 1/3 of Americans will have diabetes. Cannabidiol prevents diabetes in mice. Mice and humans usually react to drugs in a similar fashion, which is why we use them as lab animals. Also, cannabis prevents diabetic retinopathy, a major cause of blindness in adults. Cannabis eases and slows the spread of diabetic neuropathy- the pain and tingling that diabetes can cause. The "munchies" are caused by the lowering of blood sugar- overly high blood sugar can cause physical damage in diabetics.

Then there is cancer- about one third of us will get some form of it! Cannabis has been shown to slow the growth and spread of several types of cancer- breast, brain, prostate and lung cancers to name a few. If cannabis can slow the growth of a cancer, your chances of survival are better. Rick Simpson goes even further with his claims of curing cancers with his concentrated oil.

And let's not forget Alzheimer's! In an Alzheimer's sufferer, the brain gets all gummed up with amyloid plaque. Cannabis not only helps to prevent the deposition of amyloid plaque, cannabis appears to help the body to actually remove the plaque! (read "The activation of cannabinoid CB2 receptors stimulates in situ and in vitro beta-amyloid removal by human macrophages" for details)

Even if only half of the medical uses in my list "pan out", it is an absolute crime that access to cannabis is restricted in any way!

Just read my list for more information on cannabis as medicine (click the first link in my sig) and VOTE YES on 19! (it ain't perfect, but it is better than what we have now- even with Arnie's recent half-assed decriminalization bill!)

Granny :wave:

10. I think the question has been asked and answered quite well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.