how easy is it to get addicted to OC's?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by NFloyd2357, Mar 17, 2009.

1. I've been doing OC's occasionally for the past month. I've only done it about once a week, sometimes twice, and honestly - i feel like im getting addicted. Some days im perfectly fine - dont even thnk about it. Other days i wake up, and i feel like shit (i know its not withdrawals, i just get sick a lot), and the first thing i do is try and think of a way to get any kind of PK. I didnt think doing it such a few amount of times would put the thought of it in the back of my head so often. Physically, i know im not addicted... yet.

I dunno - right now i feel so shitty, im tryin so hard to find an oscar, or a perc, or vike - hell even a darvocet or tramadol. Spring break - all my connects are gone.... hmph... i wish i was noddin to a movie, smokin a blunt

2. Once you know what the high from a certain drug feels like its all over. You just get the thought in your head that you want to get high, and that great high you want is opiates. You may not be physically addicted, but your brain still wants the high

3. Any opiate is very easy to get addicted to.

4. yea, im already mentally addicted, and thats fine. Im mentally addicted to marijuana to, ya know? Its just that being mentally addicted to MJ doesnt have any (or much) physical effect, and there is no 'physical addiction' to marijuana, which is why ill continue to smoke as much as i want.

I guess what im getting at is; i already know im mentalyl addicted to opiates, i just dont want to get physically addicted and dependent on them.... i dont wanna stop using them, but i want to be aware of how often i use them - i dont want a physical addiction

5. It is very very easy to get addicted and tolerance builds quickly thats the first sign of physical addiction, the mental addiction can start even.

6. Its EXTREMELY easy to get addicted to oxycontin. It was the easiest thing I've ever done. Getting off the shit though, thats the hardest thing I've ever done. I've woken up the past, hmmm, probably 15 mornings wishing I had somehow died in my sleep and thats better than I was doing 15 days before that. Just DON'T get fucking addicted to that shit. Its fine to blow a 30 or a 40 or even a 60 every once in a while, but doing it every day will ruin your life. Thats the only way to put it too, it will absolutely ruin every aspect of your life and leave you scrambling to get your shit together for 3 months after you stop. Its like crazy meth head shit.

7. yea - thank god for being a broke college student, with minimal opiate hookups - i dont think im gonna get physically addicted to em - but im deffinitely mentally addicted to getting high, especially on oscars.

How often is too often to start building a physical addiction?

8. It really depends on your body and your mind, I don't think theres a specific time. You will know when your starting to get physically addicted. But, by this time its too late for some people because their minds aren't as strong, and they fall into the hole.

9. yea i think your 100% right - I started getting addicted to benzos the past few months, and i ended up going cold turkey until i felt normal again. Now i still take my benzos, but i take it much less, rarely recreationally - and when i do its to potentiate another drug. Regardless, i know what your sayin about kickin an addiction. gettin off the benzos was hard, especially when it was so easy to get em (RX plus a good hookup).

I trust the stability of my mind - but i've seen some people go down the long and dark path of opiate addiction and its something i want to avoid while still being able to enjoy a nice opiate high here and there

10. Every 5 days is ok and you can probably get away with every 3 days. Its tricky shit though because once you're hooked, you don't control when you do them. Sometimes you just impulsively call your hookup and wind up getting fucking loaded without even having wanted to. You've just gotta be careful as shit with them.

11. yea - i trust myself fine with em - but my friend who just moved here this semester loves his opiates, and since we are in a band together now, i can see how the two of us could easily influence eachother in bad ways. My friends and i are always bad influences on eachother, but none of my friends ever liked opiates, until i met my new friend. My best friend is very against anything but pot or psychadelics, and hes always very concerned for me, asking what ive done and what not, which im grateful for having such a good friend. He'll beat the living shit outta me (and my other opie using friend)if i start doing opiates too much

12. I been there, I went cold turkey off xanax and had a seizure. I still take xanax and opiates but i learned some shit about self control along the way.

13. yep - certainly taught me that what doesnt kill you certainly makes you stronger. and by stronger - i mean wiser

14. I did half an 80 the other day for the first last Thursday, ever since I feel like I'm going through a mini withdrawl and I crave the shit ..... that will be your first sign to stay the fck away. But then again I have a very addictive personality.

15. Very easy.
    It's a horrible thing..

too much.

16. Basically your like alright yeah once every 2 weeks, then once a week, then 2 times a week, then 3-4 times then BAM addicted