Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Easy is Getting a Medical Marijuana Card in California?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jingo Dookstain, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Hey brothers and sisters.

For any of you individuals who go the medical route, is it easy to pick up a med-card over in the west? I've heard some stories of people just bullshitting their way to one. Is the process of obtaining a medical marijuana license really slack?

I ask because I want to move out to Venice and I won't have any connections for a while.

2. Yea it's pretty easy you can say you stress out and you'll get it. Back pain insomnia etc.

3. Be careful with falsifying information to obtain a card as you can still be arrested for possession even with a med card and if you lied to get the card things wont go over well for you in court.  Also make sure to get your card from a legit doctor cause if they lose their licence your med card will be come invalid and dispensaries wont let you in.  

4. If you already have pretty much any medical condition it's easy as hell. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, if your a female menstrual cramps those are some of the easiest ways. Chronic pain like back pain or if you had some sort of surgery. Pretty much any reason will get your 215.If you don't have any medical issues it will take a little bit more work because you have to establish a paper trail in your medical records. That involves seeing your regular Dr and complaining that you can't sleep or something simple along those lines. Once it's in your medical records that you have a qualified condition it's as simple as going into the 215 Dr and getting your recommendation. Long story short: ANYONE can get their 215 if they put in the effort which isn't very much.

5. [quote name="MrMcFreely" post="19161538" timestamp="1387051060"]If you already have pretty much any medical condition it's easy as hell. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, if your a female menstrual cramps those are some of the easiest ways. Chronic pain like back pain or if you had some sort of surgery. Pretty much any reason will get your 215.If you don't have any medical issues it will take a little bit more work because you have to establish a paper trail in your medical records. That involves seeing your regular Dr and complaining that you can't sleep or something simple along those lines. Once it's in your medical records that you have a qualified condition it's as simple as going into the 215 Dr and getting your recommendation. Long story short: ANYONE can get their 215 if they put in the effort which isn't very much.[/quote]Hey man is the 215 doc just able to see your medical records from his computer or do I need to bring in some sort of documentation from my primary doctor?Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #7 Iceman2damax, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
    LOL.
    I got mine for $95, and pretty much all I had to do is fill out a piece of paper and check certain ways cannabis helps me, and they give you a list of options to check.
    The cute receptionist chick took my blood pressure and the doctor called me into his office, (he looked high as fuck haha). He just told me a ton of stories and laughed a ton lolol.

I was like...uhhh...hahaaaa...I didn't know if I should have gone into stoner joke mode, or keep serious about the whole situation.

After a quick interview, I was out the door with my card.

Super easy dude.  :smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Why can't New Jersey be more like California? :cry:

8. It's not hard to find the quacks: Just look up the doctors with the highest number of "satisfied patients".  They are plentiful in most populated areas.  (Not sure how I feel about that to be totally honest.)  I went in all prepared to explain my (legitimate) medical issue, with evidence, but all I had to do was fill out a form and have a very brief conversation with the doctor.

9. From what i've heard, it could be as simple as filling out a form, paying the fee, and having a skype call with a doctor

10. Where did you go?

11. Just pay in cash. Everyone loves cash.

12. This is exactly how it went in my situation and in my friends' situations. The doctor asked why I smoked, I told him "migraines."
    He asked if weed helped.
    I said "Yes it does."
    And he said "Okay, have nice day."
    And I left with my med card.
    And it was over a Skype call too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I'm in SoCal, it's very easy. They have one good for six months $35 & another for a year about $65. There are also dispensaries that just take an ID ;) if your lucky you'll run into one.

14. There are even some you can do over the phone like FaceTime out here I think. I was way over prepared for my doctor. Had my MRI's and my scrips for xanax and norcos. Pretty much told him I'd rather try weed to help and stop all the pills. It's been 8 months and I no longer take the norco, and I'm using the xanax way less because weed helps my anxiety. I only have to use them now in situations where I can't use weed. So like maybe a handful of times a month. But even if you don't NEED it, insomnia would be an easy one to say and get it probably. We all have something in our lives that marijuana can help with, even just stress after a long day of work. For me it's after work and my back is aching (spine surgery last year) ill roll one and smoke it and feel relief. Way better and more natural than taking a pill. I'm in the medical field, I see what these pills do to people, which is why I wanted to try using marijuana instead. But even if you think of it recreationally, I know plenty of people I work with (all medical professionals as well) that will go home after work and drink scotch,or wine,etc. to unwind. I've never been a big drinker. bit I unwind with a joint :)

TLDR there's places out here you can pretty much just say you can't sleep well and get the recommendation