How early is too early to harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by flexibletree, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Ok i know i should wait til the hairs change and/or go by the trichs, but im having some problems...

So i have a Big Buddha Chielsel beginning its 6th wk of flower today. package says 8-10 wks til harvest. its a stealth grow in my room, which my rents found (mom still smokes though, dad used too) and are allowing me to finish it.

Heres the problem... definately misjudged how big a pot i needed so i think thats why ive been gettin yellow leaves going slowly up the plant, not to mention nutrient burns. well its soon, if not already, going to the leaves coming out of the buds. so i think im going to start flushing and maybe havest sometime next week. flushed today and the next time i do i may add some molasses. any ideas???? will i lose alot of potency harvesting this early? help appreciated blades!

2. You can only go by the trichs. If the trichs are not at least cloudy, I wouldn't harvest. A plant that is nothing but clear trichs will give you nothing but a small buzz, and a headache.

What you should do is post a pic. In mid-late flowering dieing fan leaves are very normal, and usually always happen. What size pot do you have the girl in? If it's smaller than 3 gallons, you could still possibly finish her, but anything much smaller than 3 gallons can cause some problems. 3 gallons is about the minimum size I would finish a plant in. You can def get away with having a plant in that size pot, but it will 100% certainly be root bound.

I say give her a couple more weeks, and see how she does. If some how she really starts to die, then chop her. You will be really surprised at how strong MJ plants are.

If you want, you can just use water/molasses for the last two weeks, but try to give her as long as you can. An early harvest can cripple your high, try to avoid it at all costs.

3. yeah its a small pot. prob 1 1/2 gal or so. i have no idea where i got the pot. it was int he basement lol. alright, thanks man. i figured id ask to get an idea of what i can do... and yeah, so far ive noticed how strong they are. ill hold tight for awhile yet.

4. I want to know what happened!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. if the buds have white hairs depending i think your situation best to throw it into the trash

• Like Like x 1
  6. 9 year old thread...wtf lol

Pretty sure he has sorted it out since then...

• Like Like x 1
  7. You know when google just takes you...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Also it’s an 11 year old thread

• Funny Funny x 2

9. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. lol it’s 2020 already?

• Like Like x 1
  11. who the fuck brought this thread back up???? do you think he still is growing that plant ? smoke another one

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. That pot size thing is not necessarily true. You can do an awesome SOG grow in 2 liter bottles as pots if you start flowering under 12/12 straight from clone. Of course, I'm assuming he doesn't have small plants like that. The pot size solely depends on how large the plants are.

13. Early enough for all the THC not to forum lol