How early is too early IYO?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by clos3tgrow3r, Oct 17, 2010.

1. I know the convention is april or may but does anyone have any other opinions about that.

I was wondering how seeds would fair starting around january or march. we get frost about 5 or 6 times a month around then, will they just die?

Oh and guys please I dont wanna hear a million reasons why i should start in the spring i already know, i am just curious what would happen if you broke the rules:D

2. I plan on starting in pots and taking them outside every morning after it warms up and bringing them back indoors when it starts to get cold outside.

3. [quote name='clos3tgrow3r']I know the convention is april or may but does anyone have any other opinions about that.

I was wondering how seeds would fair starting around january or march. we get frost about 5 or 6 times a month around then, will they just die?

Of course they will die. Marijuana is an annual plant and will not survive freezing temperatures. There is a reason why people wait until April or May to plant. Your chances of a successful grow are really slim unless you do some more research about growing.

4. You might survive a frost or two if they were hardy, but they will be small and will likely die from it. There is no need to start that early - you won't get a plant that will be bigger than one started in May. If you have to do it, start it indoors and then take it outside once the weather is nice.