How early can I sex my plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mjgrow420, Jun 22, 2011.

1. I want to put my plants into flower mode as soon as I can so I can sex them and then I'm going to put them back in veg mode once I know which ones are female. I understand this will add time onto my grow and I won't be able to harvest until later but that's fine. When is the earliest I can put them into flower so I can sex them?

2. take clones off of each plant, and put them into a seperate room and put them on 12/12. and then you'll know which plants are females

3. Oh cool! That's a great idea! So as soon as I take my cuttings from the mother plants I can immediately put them under 12/12? or do I have to wait until they grow some roots before I put them under 12/12?

4. you can put them on 12/12 when you're cloning them, it'll take time for flowers to show anyway, so by then they'll have rooted. depending on what Cloning method you use of course.

5. ive seen someone do that in a thread on here once and they DIED a horrible death. fucked em up

6. you can reveg a plant... it's not unheard of. it'll just stress the plant abit and increase it's chances of being a Hermy.

7. *deep bass voice*

Turn the lights down low...

Light some candles...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcwYEGdKto8]YouTube - ‪You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine - Lou Rawls‬‏[/ame]

8. yea i figured you would do that to have a mother plant after you harvest it, and not plan on flowering it again

9. I've decided to clone the plants and keep a mother plant once I find out it's a female from the clone. This is my first time cloning because I never had the room to clone it before. I always had a tiny little space before and had to grow from seed to bud and start all over again. I'd like to create a sog so wish me luck. Thanks for the advice.