Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How does weed affect your body?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fattynug, Jul 10, 2009.

1. I've been smoking for about 2 years now but I still don't really know what it does to my body exactly, other than it's safer than smoking cigarettes. Some studies claim that it kills brain cells others don't..others claim that it has harmful effects on the lungs and others don't..

I just want to know what you think it does to the body other than make someone hungry, forgetful and happy..:smoke:

2. Well, it definitly has harmful effects on your lungs. Breathing in smoke, in any form, will do some damage yo your lungs. Theres a reason you cough at first ;)
    But its hard to tell somtimes, with so much propoganda BS. I know that if you smoke it before 15, it can make you very lethargic permenantly. Apparently thats a proven fact. All the other "Facts" about cannabis seem to be contested very often.

3. As for lungs, kinda the same as cigarettes in the sense that the tar will slowly lower your breathing capacity, but not smoking for a while solves that if it gets bad, it however, according to all the recent evidence, doesn't cause cancer, so who cares? As for brain cells, the one and only experiment that has ever supported it killing brain cells was done decades ago, and it involved strapping masks to monkeys and pumping marijuana smoke, with no added oxygen, into them until they pssed out, and eventually after a month of doing this once or twice a day, died. They found dead brain cells and concluded the marijuana smoke did this, not the F****** suffocation! So in simpler terms, it does not kil brain cells, recent evidence shows that it can actually help stimulate brain cell growth in some parts of the brain.

4. Wow, poor monkeys :(
    Scientists can be such assholes to animals...

5. That is very wrong. There is nothing that can make you drowsy, and lazy permanently especially weed. Different people's brains work differently so it wouldn't affect everyone's brain the same anyways. You need to do some research. ;)

6. quoted straight from The Union. :hello::hello:

7. ive heard that theres cancer causing chemicals in pot. but theres also chemicals that kill dead cells so even though it causes cancer in a way, it end up healing the damage.

i think thats how it works in general, any damage it causes , it also fixes.
    that would explain why nobodies died from it and why different studies reach completely opposite conclusions... bc it kinda does both in a way.

but yeah, its not harmful for you.

nobodies ever died from it, thats more than any other activity of any kind can say.

8. #8 cheechinbc, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
    [ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007[/ame]

9. lol... i have seen the union on so many different threads and i cant help but to keep watching them

10. Man I love watching the union all over and over again D:

11. can someone help me out. when i was younger i smoked weed under 15 so what does lethargic meen ?

12. man i never watch the union enough

13. honestly it can be better then cigs or worse and it does kill brain cells or forms holes but idc anyways if ur smokin about a j a day ur getting much more tar and its much more dangerous so if ur not smoking a fat jay every day ur better then smoking at least 5 packs of cigs a week

14. Wow that video is very interesting. I couldnt stop watching.

15. The union is a bad ass documentary.

16. it does NOT kill brain cells