how does this sound?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by amber420, Nov 27, 2003.

1. after reading this forum and overgrow, here are my plans for my first grow. i will be using 3 fluro fixtures (link below) for three plants. i have some 1 gallon buckets that i am going to use for veg and transplant into 5 gallon buckets for flowering. since i am not going to veg for very long (about 30 days), i am going to use the alaskan fert (5-1-1) and i have a miracle grow 10-52-10 for flowering. i have promix and bought a small bag of perlite to add to it. a friend is giving me some white widow seeds and i hope to be growing soon. does everyone think this will be a good start on a first grow?

p.s.
    as far as the white widows under fluorescents, i have read to flower for 10 weeks. i am planning on doing this if it is possible.

cheap fluro setup

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=21575&onlyuser=&perpage=15?pagenumber=1

2. sounds o.k......i'd allways recomment an HPS, especially for flowering, with a good HPS, you could veg for 4 weeks, and flower for approx 8 and get 1-2oz per plant......but not everyone has the budget.........but you'll do well for your first grow.......good luck, and keep us posted on how it goes.......Peace out.......Sid

3. yup... im betting probably 1/2oz per plant.... or maybe a little more...;) ..... id try for 1 warm/ 1 cool bulb per fixture as well:)

4. will do, john...thanks alot to all of you guys for all of the advice so far.

5. Amber
    I suggest you veg and flower in the same pots. Transplanting can cause stress, not to mention its a pain in the butt and you could goof up and kill the plant. Just grow from start to finish in the same pot if you can. I mean its okay to start seedlings in something small, but once they hit a good 3-4" go with the permanent home.

Drop me a PM, harvest has happened, im flowing with little brown children ready to grow.