How does this plant look?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Twalker92, Jan 19, 2020.

1. I was just wondering what you guys think of this plant?
    It's my first grow. I'm using coco coir with 30% perlite, I've rinsed the medium of salts and I'm using canna coco nutrients with the aid of a nutrition guide for the amount to use. I'm growing it in a tent on an 18/6 light schedule, the temperature is fine and humidity good too.
    I moved her to a 5 gallon fabric pot yesterday. The new growth seems quite good but the height seems extremely slow. It's been about 2 months now but I did have novice problems at the beginning with over watering/nutrient burn etc.

Attached Files:

2. What is your feeding schedule?
    The plant is quite small for 8 weeks and it looks hungry......never let coco dry out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've been watering with feed every 1-2 days until the medium is dry up to my first knuckle. I don't let the medium dry out fully. I use this nutrient calculator - CANNA Grow Guide | A personalized Feeding Chart | CANNA

4. I had the same problem with nutes overfeeding, over watering,

Ive just grown my first successful grow, I stuck to 1/4 dose for a couple of weeks and then increased to half dose and NEVER went above half dose, had no issues with PH, no nute issues,

Only water when she's getting light, dont let it over dry

Yeah, your plant is small and it looks like you have nute issues, personally I'd flush her and start with your new feeding schedule,

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nah you gotta feed it every day to run off mate. Get salt build up otherwise and that in turn fries the ph. Makes it look like you’ve got deficits when you don’t.
    mix some of your usual nutes up. Run em through and collect the first run off that comes out.
    Check the ph and ppm of that and you’ll be able to see it.
    It’s a diluted result you get too so the real numbers inside the pot will always be a fair bit higher.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The leaves are getting lighter means she's hungry. And she's very small for 2 months.

Mine are 3 weeks from seed and they look similar size. Try doing some LST to get the middle tops shooting out. 20200118_174156.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I'm with Marksman here. I never go by the recommended amount. With my Advanced Nutrients It seemed like I couldn't go over 1/2 strength or it was too much. I usually stick around half strength once they're big enough and stay there all grow.

Sent from my Samsung using my fingers

8. You're not growing in soil.....never let it get dry, even the top layer.......feed daily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I just tried that nute calculator . It told me to feed 700ppm from day 1.
    Can finish a 10oz plant on that strength lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ok so I should just use half what the recommended dose is for my nutes?

11. I’d be on 300ppm + the water at ph5.7-5.9 for plants that size mate. Then once they about double in size upto 500ppm (1ec) + the water. They generally don’t need much more than that unless they get particularly big.
    Less is always best. Hungry plants tell you with plenty time to fix them.
    With over fed plants, the damage is done by the time you can see it.... and trust me it sucks lol.

12. Ok perfect, I'm gonna give her a watering just now and test out the pH and ppm with your advice. Thank you for the help btw, very much appreciated!

13. No worries mate, keeps me off cuntbook so you’re doing me a favour too :)
    Make sure it’s the first run off that comes out you check though. It’s an already diluted result and that’s the strongest bit. Get like the first half pint or so. Don’t want any more than that or it’ll be diluted even more.