How does this look?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowinItFrench, May 3, 2012.

1. Hey all just got a little question, I've been raising this plant for five days now, well, more a less sprout. I was just wondering if an expert could tell me if this is alright process for a plant that's been sitting in a window sill, for just about five days? Yes I know.. What's with the rubber band? The sprout did some EXTREME stretching which I could only partially patch up by adding soil to it, then I just added the two toothpicks, stuck a rubber band around it, and make it shorten itself out!

Attached Files:

2. The plants are spindly due to lack of light, they are stretching. From what I've read, windowsills are not very good to grow. Are you going to transplant outside or something?

3. Are you LSTing with the rubber band? As ShovaBlaster said, it's usually not recommended to grow on a windowsill.

4. that poor sprout is suuuuuper stretched. put soil right up to the leaves and toss a CFL over it.

5. [quote name='"burandino"']that poor sprout is suuuuuper stretched. put soil right up to the leaves and toss a CFL over it.[/quote]

Problem is I have a high enough electrical bill as it is, and as I know from last grow season, one cfl isn't enough, which is why I'm going to outdoors but where I'm at the last frost is estimated to be the fifth, then, to answer a past question, it is going out to the great outdoors.

6. ?? Cfl's are crazy cheap to run, that's why people grow with them. .....confused. You could also Veg under a t-12 shop light for a few weeks then....it would cost like $3 for the month to run. Those plants won't last a couple more weeks like that.

7. [quote name='"ShovaBlaster"']?? Cfl's are crazy cheap to run, that's why people grow with them. .....confused. You could also Veg under a t-12 shop light for a few weeks then....it would cost like $3 for the month to run. Those plants won't last a couple more weeks like that.[/quote]

I am looking for t-12's EVERYWHERE, but I can't find a 16"

8. Any big box store like Walmart , home depot etc carries T-12 shop lights. That's a weird length, just get a standard 48". Or smaller size and stagger them. You want a cool white bulb.

9. I can't the fixture is only 18"

10. I would go with some CFL`s over T12`s. Compairing the bulbs on Home Depots website one 2 foot 20 watt T12 puts out 1075 lumens and one 23 watt daylight CFL puts out 1600 lumens.

11. Then just buy some cfl bulbs. They also are only gonna cost ya a couple of bucks to run for 2-3 weeks.....ya can't grow indoors for free my man. We are literally talking about $3-4 dollars of electricity to run a couple cfl's for 2 weeks until you go outside. If you are really that cheap, shut off your computer or a few lights in your house to compensate.

12. You could also plug multiple electronics that you dont use all the time into a power strip and just turn off the power strip to save energy. That's what I'm doing. Plus using natural lighting and opening my windows for cool air whenever i can.

13. Alright thanks guys I filled the cup up with soil to about .5" below the leafs, and I put it under a cfl with a fan to strengthen the stem and keep the heat down, surprisingly it's quite quiet too!

14. I recently read an article on cell phone chargers being left plugged in when not charging a cell phone and it went on to say that they waste around 70% or more of the electricity they use. The 70% or more is the electricity it draws when not in use. It said they draw the same amount of electricity when charging and not charging a phone.

15. [quote name='"tplat"']

I recently read an article on cell phone chargers being left plugged in when not charging a cell phone and it went on to say that they waste around 70% or more of the electricity they use. The 70% or more is the electricity it draws when not in use. It said they draw the same amount of electricity when charging and not charging a phone.[/quote]

Seriously?? I wonder if it's the same for most other electronics like monitors, tvs, xboxes, and computers :eek: I'm glad I'm starting to plug everything into a power strip!

16. I am using a 200w dual spectrum CFL and it seems to be doing a great job.
    Have a look at mine. :wave: