How does this germination method sounds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bearspray, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Alright so im thinking about germinating some more seeds like this.
    Soaking them overnight in a glass of water, plating them in soil, use a dome and a heat mat, problem is ive read some things on domes as being a seed killer, is that true, and can i get some insight on 100% germinations method if the seeds are good?

2. i'll pm you my writeup on starting seeds.

3. Thanks a lot man appreciated and very helpfull ^^

4. The issue I think with seeds is they dont need light untill they break the groud. So maybe people are putting them in a dome with a light? Just a thought

5. Okay here is exactly what I do and it has worked with a 99% success rate for years. I take a shot glass and fill it with maybe 1/10th of an ounce of water, I nuke it in the microwave (which literally only takes seconds with that little of water), I set it aside and let it come to room temp. Then I throw the seeds in the water and cover the shot glass with a solid cup (no light penetrating through). I place the shot glass with the cup over it on a heating mat for 8-10 hours then I move to soil (in cups) and cover with cling wrap until they break the surface.

6. Place them in tissue/kitchen towels... Crams method will leave the seeds soaked they need to absorb ... When that is done put another piece folded 4 times (both tissues) in to a ceramic bowl and cover that bowl with seran wrap.. and yes offcourse place in a dark area for 1-5 days depending on when you want to plant .. i wait the 5 days and plant when the cotyledon leafs appear... dont open or take out the bowl continuously no it does not need air to breath .... This method is 99% i did this with bagseeds. they alll germed but a few died when i put them in soil..

7. Leave them soaked? You know that a healthy seed floats right? and when you come back 8-10 hours later they will still be floating... then you press them with your finger to the bottom of the water, and hold them there for a brief moment, then you will see that they will stay at the bottom of the glass, they are now ready to be placed in soil... anyway do which method you feel comfortable with, but no this method does not leave them "soaked" clearly since Its been happening before my eyes for years lol

8. Rapid rooters, a dome, and heat mat. Extremely effective and easy. Drop in seed, wait a couple of days and you have a sprout.

I did the paper towel thing with good luck, but won't go back. There is no reason to over complicate things when you don't have to do so.

9. i have a little container with 2 sponges in it, put some water to make it damp but not soaked, and put my seeds between the sponges..i read that somewhere on here i think, it works great, all my seeds sprouted and are now in soil