Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how does the metric system work for bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by misterbean, Jan 13, 2011.

1. okay i bought a quarter of some really dank shit but I need to know if my guy skimps me or not now I have a scale handy with me but I need to know how the metric system for bud works like example:

10 bag/dime/tenner/10 sack/: .9 1.9g 2.0g

20 bag/dub/20 sack/ 2.9g?

so please help I know your thinking why dont you just scale the bud and see for yourself now I would but i dont know how much IT should be so I wouldnt know if its too much or too little.

2. dime -1g
    dub-2g
    eigth 3.5
    quarter is 7]
    half is 14
    ounce is 28

3. Wrong.

Dime = $10 = ~.5g
    Dub = $20 = ~1g

Rest is fine.

4. wrong. prices are different in every place so he could be right. If he's in a medicinal friendly state than that very well could be true.

5. #5 majicbunnie, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
    Dime/Dub (usually) refers to what you're paying (i.e. $10 or $20 respectively) doesn't directly translate to the weight you get. How much you get depends on the quality of weed and your location.

A dub of schwag/mids should be a lot more weed (weight-wise) than a dub of some high-end.

You'll also be able to get more in a dub of high-end in cali than you would in New York

Hope that helps :wave:

6. i really don't understand what you're asking. i think you're asking what the weight in grams would be for the terms you're using? if so, that could very, because generally a dime bag would be $10 worth of weed, but that can very from place to place, for example a dime for me would be 1 gram of regular weed.

7. #7 phantomxrider, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    The metric system is not "dub" and "dime." Its grams and shit.

8. Metric system
    Half eighth = 1.75
    1/8 = 3.5 grams
    1/4 = 7 grams
    1/2 = 14 grams
    Ounce = 28 grams

16 ounces, or 448 grams in a pound.

Weed system
    "Hey my friendly neighborhood cannabis connosieur. May I get a dub sack?"
    "Sure kind fellow, that'll be $20"

9. Prices by the gram are gonna fluctuate and differ from one area to the next and from one dealer to the next. If you are buying a specific quantity like you said, a quarter, then the weight should be consistent. A quarter ounce is a quarter ounce no matter where you are. A quarter ounce should weigh 7 grams. The price for that quarter ounce will be different depending where you are and the quality of the bud.

10. wrong. ounce is imperial, not metric.

11. There are 28 grams in an ounce. Divide 28 by 4 and you get 7. There are seven grams in a quarter of an ounce.

12. 1 ounce = 28.3495231 grams

it's called conversion. what you said is basically the same thing as saying there are 2.54 cm in an inch; just because it was converted does not mean it's in the same system.

13. It's not exact, you are correct, but to simplify it just knock off the 0.3495231 grams and you have a simple system for distribution of a product in gram amounts.

14. i know what you mean man. and that's exactly why we do it - ease. it makes perfect sense and is much easier to do it that way. i was just clarifying that the two were in different 'systems', that's all. :p

15. lol whoops, was a lil drunk there :cool:

16. It's empirical. Just keep that in mind for next time.

I've never understood why weed is weighted like it is. A common amount is a gram, metric, but once you get past grams it switches to empirical. Like an eighth is 1/8th of an ounce, an empirical measurement. Why doesn't it scale in the metric system like cocaine?

17. yah this.

Coincidently we have a "weed system" in Souh Australia, Called "baggies" (becuase its a small coin bag); which are usually 2.6 grams, but can be anywhere from 2-3 grams (called flat bags or fat bags depending on the size).
    A baggie costs $25, a price that been standard for atleast 10+ years. It's the most common "deal" people buy, and hearing people ask you if you "want a bag", or "do you have any bags" is quite common.

18. #18 architoker, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    empirical implies evidence gained by experiment or experience - data produced by observation.

the u.s. uses a custom system, called the american system, that was derived from the imperial system. basically - imperial.

and i agree with you - it's odd that we use multiple systems. i wonder if it's rooted in the fact that bulk marijuana was weighed out in the lb's, not kilo's. imo, the u.s. needs to adopt the metric system and get rid of the current system we use...

19. $10 a gram
    a quarter is 7 grams - thats $70

20. Correct.

I pay ten bucks for a dime bag in Alberta.

Derrrr.