Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How does smoking or not smoking weed affect your dreams?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OGlarry415, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Recently i decided to quit for a short while just to prove to myself that i can. usually i cant remember my dreams, when i can its a small part. since i stopped smoking about a month ago, not only can i remember my dreams but they are weird as hell and long. has anyone ever experienced this? any thoughts on it? it kind of messes with my sleep and i cant wait to smoke again.

2. Yeah whenever I smoke I cant remember dreaming unless I've burnt out and sobered up first.

3. Smoking before bed supposedly hinders the bodys ability to enter REM, hence less dreaming while stoned.

4. ^ i never remember my dreams when i fall asleep stoned, or perhaps that's very true hefner, because i tend to sleep forever, probably to finally achieve rem

although in the morning when the high wears off and i wake up and fall back to sleep i will have some short thoughts/dreams

5. Absolutely, but in a more positive light than it sounds like your experiencing. I've been burning everyday pretty damn consistently for the past 5 years. I can honestly say when I'm in my normal day-to-day routine of blazing I rarely dream, or remember my dreams for that matter. The few times I've stopped in this time period I've noticed a markable increase in; dream intensity, dream vividness, and dream occurrence (or at least remembrance).

I've always been interested in lucid dreaming and I have taken steps to propagate these experiences. The ONLY times I've come close and experienced what I call 'semi'-lucid dreams has been when I am completely free of THC. I am about to embark on what I think will be a lengthy t-break, and this is the only thing that I have to look forward to lol.

6. same here

+ when i stop smoking, i have crazy nightmares :(

7. Whenever I smoke before going to sleep I never remember my dreams the next morning. Ever. I do when Im sober though.

8. So i decided see what i could find on google and it seems that this is a pretty normal thing and is considered a withdrawal symptom. @Hefner your right, supposedly THC disrupts the REM or Rapid Eye Movement stage of sleep and thats where alot of dreaming occurs. People report having super weird dreams and nightmares, some of my dreams included getting shot at a 49er game lol, watching my cousin die then murdering her boyfriend, and other super weird unusual stuff. Its been a month since i quit smoking and last night im glad to say i didnt have any weird dreams and cant even remember what it was about (i do remember waking up and realizing i was dreaming tho). So heads up to anyone who might have to stop some time, your gona have weird dreams lol be prepared.

9. I really dont know if I ever have dreams when im stoned but I know for a fact sleeping while high is great. I sleep long and hard (lol) and wake up feeling completely rejuvenated.

10. when i first started smoking i'd do it all the time, and when i quit, that's when i first experienced sleep paralysis A LOT. nightmarish shit bro

11. yeah i heard thats a horrible experience

12. When I smoke before I go to sleep I almost never remember my dreams. Every time I take a t break though I always get really vivid dreams and I remember them so well its crazy

13. I can say personally it makes no difference for me. I rarely remember my dreams when I do they vary in degrees of both complexity and abnormality, but I have noticed that of the times I am stoned before lying down and have remembered my dreams they are out of this world!

14. I can never remember my dreams when I go to sleep stoned... shit sicks though cause recently I've been trying to lucid dream. It's like I have to choose between smoking and lucid dreaming.

15. I have vivid dreams when I'm on a T-break, but I can't dream/don't remember my dreams when I've been smoking. This is because it greatly decreases REM, which isn't exactly a good thing. From what I've read, not achieving REM sleep is bad for your health and can lead to an increased risk of heart attack and stroke.

16. Yeah, this summer I haven't been smoking very much, and I've been having incredibly vivid dreams almost every night. It's actually pretty interesting, and I notice that I feel much more refreshed in the morning.