how does scroog work

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jennybunny, Nov 30, 2011.

1. ok so you got 2x2 inches of wire, cool, so the plant grabs on and its suppose to yield more? dont quiet understand. Why not just top and lst a bunch of times and tie the buds up when they get too heavy. Some one explainnnnnnnnn :):hello::smoke:

2. i think the squares keep the plant down forcing it to grow out instead of up creating more bud sites.

3. As the fast tops push through the screen, you pull it down to a hard to reach hole. Keep doing this untill you have a full screen of tops. Much faster then topping or tieing.

4. so u start off above it and let it grow and grow and when its inside a whole put the 2x2 wires down more on the plant?

5. Man, thanks for this. I could never really understand the concept but that right there simplified it. Preciate it. :smoke:

6. I agree this is how you are supposed to do scrog. Many people don't do it right, they simply let a top grow up through the screen and then that's that, in which case the screen is doing essentially nothing.

Personally I like LST over scrog because a scrog can be very hard to move around (for example rotate the plants to the light, taking them out of the grow space for tending, flushing, etc).

7. i understand this a bit but from the sounds in simple form sounds like when the first top is thru the screen you move the screen down? is this right?

8. No, you never move the screen

9. [quote name='"jennybunny"']

i understand this a bit but from the sounds in simple form sounds like when the first top is thru the screen you move the screen down? is this right?[/quote]

No you don't adjust the screen, he's saying when the tallest top pokes through the screen in the middle for example, you pull the top out and move it to a space in the screen more towards the outside of the screen, then keep doing this for an even canopy then all the tops get fat like a top cola and get even light

10. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

11. [quote name='"jennybunny"']ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh[/quote]

Lol no prob

12. just like lsting and tieing it down but kinda easier right?

13. yes and no scrog will be 20 30 40 etc main colas from a single plant most growers fill the whole screen with tops do this while vegging then when u flower the colas have support from the screen