How Does My Sog Setup Look?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by flighhy, May 15, 2014.

1. Looking to end up with a sog perpetual grow. I have a 5x2.5x3 mother cabinet (400w mh, 10,000k and actinic coral lights for uvb), a 2x3x1.5 cloning box (3x33w cfl 6500k 1x33w cfl 2700k) and a 5x3x4 flower room (600w hp's) pics below....

Using soil in 2l soda bottles.
    Strain is hippie kush seeds from a friend.

Plan to clone 15 clones every two weeks off of four mothers (4 per). That'll make 60 in the flower cab (4 2 week cycles of 15). Total weeks from cut to harvest 10 weeks (2 in cloner to root, 8 in flower)

Upgrades in the next few days will be mylar on all walls, also i Have a 50cfm bathroom fan I will be installing in the veg room right above the bulb to draw hot air out and will have passive intakes on the bottom of the box. Plan on using 6 4ft flouros to replace MH in mother cabinet as well.... Also i will be building a cloning bucket in the near future.
    Any suggestions? Advice? Words of wisdom? Never attempted cabinet or sog so need some guidance. Ty in advance

2. Idk how to post pics soon as I can figure it out I will

3. Pic # 1 mother cabinet
    #2 clone box
    #3 clone box interior
    #4 flower box (door not installed still 24h ATM to let babies adjust)
    #5 veg box interior
    #6 mothers
    #7 clone box with height addition insert to veg my first cycle in (experiment)
    I've grown all of my plants that are in the flower room in different ways, LST, lollipop, heavy pruning, topping, horizontal stem, 1 week 2 week 4 week (and freshly rooted in cpl more days) clones. I am trying it all this run but scrog and sog, my experiment was fine while establishing mothers for sog but now they're ready so I will flower them.
    Up until recently all my plants were in that Lil clone box (18 of them) with just 4cfl to light them. They grew to about 2ft tall and to my surprise the ones I manicured to bush did well with that small amount of light.
    I experimented while getting to this point but now that all the pieces are coming together I would appreciate any help in polishing my perpetual SOG setup. Plz n ty

Btw I have visited this forum for a plethora of info while doing my experiments and setup and I would like to thank every member for their contributions big or small. You really do help a lot

Attached Files:

4. *Mothers are in 5gal buckets not 2l bottles*

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 GoldGrower, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Sounds like a pretty solid plan. What's with the bottles though? Wouldn't it be better to use plant pots instead? Because they are colourless you will have algae growing in them and on some of the roots.

I would probably try to work in a week or two of vegging if you can, it will make a big difference. You should really have a descent root system before flowering but I understand you will have a tight schedule, you may not be able to work it in 

6. Im on the fence whether to add another spot on the assembly line to accommodate the extra 2 weeks for veg. Is it a major difference? Thinking it may absorb too much of my space unless I went to 40 plants in flower or ten per cycle as opposed to 60 plants at 15 per cycle.

As for the 2l they were cheap and I wanted to see. I've been collecting more and painting them white to avoid the possible algae issue. They fit well at 4/sqft BC they're 4.5" wide and tall. That's y I like em

7. Ty for the response gold grower

8. Anyone have info on the actinic coral lights and uv needs for veg or flower I would greatly appreciate a crash course.
    Been advised that they help during both veg n flower especially for density but others say its harmful. I am supplementing with them not relying on them but I'd like to know exactly what I'm doing

9. I would probably stick to your plan and after everything is dialed in introduce a few that have been allowed to veg a week or two and see if there's much of an increase in yield. There will be some increase but if you have to sacrifice numbers it may not be worth it 

10. I do have those testers to see efficacy of different stress and training methods as well as different veg times vs yields.
    * see my 3rd post

11. Ty so much for the correspondence its much appreciated

12. You have a plan like gold grower said, about all I could say is more space,more lights, more plants .

Doing clones is less hassle when they are for hydro. Hydro is less hassle.
    Sea of green is about lots of smaller fast growing plants and hydro does that real well.

13. Considering hydro options ATM. Making a clone bucket next, then after a round in soil (safe/simple) I will begin building whichever system I decide on. Leaning towards a flood system with clay pellets. Any thoughts?

14. Once you go hydro, you'll never go back-o. It's just so much more efficient. Getting loads of oxygen to the roots is easier, and getting nutrient strengths is easy to get perfect. Less reading plants, and more reading a meter. Its just so much simpler.

A F&D would be great for SOG as would DWC, but to have your perpetual 2 week harvesting system it may be a little more complicated as the plants will require different nutrient strengths at different times so you couldn't run all your plants in the same system, they would need to be in 4 separate reservoirs. It could still work though

15. All this is much more complicated than the two ways I know how to grow, outdoor n indoor in soil as if were outdoor

16. Over 300 views and only two awesome helpful so far. Looks like gold grower and snoop dog are in the top 1% of forum visitors. Thank u both for your input

17. Awesome helpful people*

18. I don't know too much about so snoop and gold are awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. This is why I am leaning towards flood tables. I could build trays to hold each rotation and move them as a unit.
    Looking at dwc (misters in a black box with roots suspended and constantly sprayed)

What's the advantages/disadvantages of either?

20. Is that dwc or aero? I've been given and read so much info in the past weeks its been overwhelming lol