How does my plant look?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by trevors685, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Tri-Foliate. Possibly caused by nutrient deficency? Looking at the browning spot it loos like maybe a manganese deficiency, possibly due to low ph. How do you water? soil mix?

2. To be honest, if it doesn't rain, I water it. Other than that, it's just some fertilizer from my roommate's flowering pot and mother nature helping it grow. Sorry for the lack of info lol. Honestly, all I did was plant it, and then switched flowering pots.

3. Yea back off from adding any nutes for a week or so and use ph adjusted water. if you can get some compost tea that would be boss. It looks to be a couple of weeks old, give or take a few days, probably doesn't need any nutrients, especially if you planted in compost.

4. #6 jerry111165, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
    Looking at the browning spot it loos like maybe a manganese deficiency,

Able to spot a Manganese deficiency in a single bound! Lol

That must be a gift, being able to tell what micronutrient a plant is lacking. I could never tell myself. Nice!

J

Edit - regarding "Trifoliate" (3 leaves) - couldn't that be just because its only a 4" high plant?

J

5. it could, but in my experience it is not the plant but too much nutrient in the soil. I have had plants cloned from the same mother, I used fresh soil on one and ran out so I used previously used soil and had one tri-foliate and one with 5 blades. I accessed a previous thread from this website showing pictures, due to location on the leaf and the color of the blemish, it appears to be the macro-nutrient deficiency, commonly caused by...you guessed it not ph-ing the water, when using chemical nutrients.

By bashing my post and not giving any use-full information or even a wild guess it is my bewilderment that I am even responding to such idiocracy.

the old saying still rings true...do unto others as you would have them do unto you. So if you want me to play nice, you need to do the same.

I could be wrong, after all it was a picture with no real information to go on, but I stand by my statement. What do you think is the issue? And, yes, there IS an issue with that plant. in my humble opinion it can be rectified, because the symptoms showed early. but if left uncheck could stunt the growth of the plant.

6. I certainly wouldn't be pulling specific macronutrient deficiencies out if thin air on a 4" seedling with 3 sets of leaves.

Tri-Foliate. Possibly caused by nutrient deficency?

"Tri-foliate"??? Really? On a seedling with less than 4 sets of leaves. How many blades should each leaf have at that age?

As far as what I think is wrong with it? Couldn't tell ya. No idea whatsoever what type of soil it's in or what type or how much of nutrients have been given to it, or if OP has pH issues or not. That information was not given. He hasn't stated if the nutrients are organic or chemical - to say that he has a specific Manganese deficiency with the information given on a seedling that old is a wild guess in the dark - at best.

There's enough bad information and advice floating around the Internet already, don't ya think?

J

7. I'm telling ya... I got the seed from a bag of reggie, planted it in some random soil, and when I noticed that it sprouted, I transferred it to a bigger pot. Each day, if it doesn't rain, I always move it to the brightest part of my porch, and water it with probably 1.5 cups of water. The rest...well Idk.

8. Trevors685, if you truly want to do well with this plant, put it in a good sized (10+ gallons) container of good organic soil, keep it in the full sun and just keep it moist. If you're unsure what to do about soil you have two options - buy some "ready made" bagged soil or make a little effort and mix your own. If you do this, and get it out of the "so-so" soil that its in right now I'm sure it will take off on its own and you'll be able to actually harvest a crop from it.

Take a look here at these two threads - I'm sure that they'll help you get to where you want to be.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/988488-ready-grow-bagged-soil.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

Good luck man. If you have questions - ask!

J

9. Hey fellow smokers I'm brand new to the forum it's great! Was hoping I could get some info or tips on my first flowering ice bomb from bomb seeds one week into flower 11" high under 400whps digi ballast, can vent, 6 in hp inline fan

Attached Files:

10. Sorry didn't realize how crappy the pic was!