How does my plant look? I feel like something might be up.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Burgerwolf, Jul 30, 2017.

1. IMG_20170730_005311.jpg IMG_20170730_005329.jpg IMG_20170730_005359.jpg IMG_20170730_005344.jpg IMG_20170730_005419.jpg IMG_20170730_005453.jpg Hey guys.. it's my first time growing and I have several strains going at the moment but the one in question is my Auto Lemon OG. I just am unsure. I look over it, and besides a N deficiency and slight but burn idk. If I see something (like small brown almost rust colored spots, and some reddish fan leaf stems) I tell myself it's genetics. Idk. Here is some info..

Sprouted 6/19 (41 days old)
    Marketed as a 60 day strain
    Have done LST to it. Im not tying it down any more since it's flowering. IMG_20170730_005311.jpg IMG_20170730_005329.jpg IMG_20170730_005359.jpg IMG_20170730_005344.jpg IMG_20170730_005419.jpg IMG_20170730_005453.jpg
    Fox farm Ocean Forest/30% perlite in 3 gal pot.
    Fox farm Trio nutes
    Marshydro 300 LED with some cfl lights
    Soil Ph ~6.5-6.8
    I'm using well water @180ppm before nutes.
    Started with 1/6-1/8 nutes and am around 1/4-1/2 nutes now.

I just feel like something is wrong. Compared to my other the plants the newer growth is a little more lime green and the leaves are a little crazier. It is the only one under LED though and the only one that's started flower. Idk if I'm tricking my mind because upward growth has slowed or if there is something up. I've been wondering how much calcium is in my well water. I have a salt purifier and I've read conflicting things about there being calcium or not so I've been trying to look for the signs of calcium deficiency. But I've never seen that before so it's kind of hard. I saw something about seeing if the leafs are leathery but have no idea what that means haha. Thanks to anyone who has any helpful input!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Better lit pics

Attached Files:

3. She needs cal-mag for sure when under LEDs, how far away is your light?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Hey booseyboo I'm pretty new myself will all lights under an LED require cal mag?

5. Yes generally the intensity of the led light makes the plant use more cal and mag, i found the same with my plants lol mine also looked like yours but now she's a beast :)[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. I'm not the poster but I was very curious as I'm going the LED route. Thank you for the info. But wow nice grown man that's dope. Hope you enjoy!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. My bad lol no problem we're always here to help on Grasscity :) happy growing!

8. Quick ref[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Thanks for all the info guys! I've searched and found the first chart but hadn't seen the second one so thanks for that.

Now that it's started flowering I've slowly moved it down to what the manufacturer suggests (12" for flower) and I'm at about 13" right now. I didn't know plants under LED need more calmag, thanks for the tip! I just found out I have access to my well water before the salt filtration, anybody have enough know-how to say if that might be a problem? I'm gonna check the ppm and assuming it's not too hard that should have plenty of Cal and mag in it, I think... I'm just wondering if there are other harmful dissolved solids in there that would make it a bad idea to use it. I am going to buy calmag but I don't get paid for a few more days and have to order online so I'm probably looking at a week before I have some.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Here's a few pics of the plant I posted about next to another plant of the same genetics. The training methods were different although all LST techniques.

The last two are of my first plant, bagseed. Every plant but the one I posted about is under DIY CFL so I'm guessing your right about needing more calmag under led Boosey. Thanks for the tip!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wolf she's lovely and bushy, all those budsites great training! Your more then welcome wolf :) she's loving the LED light though :)

12. Thank you! Yea I'm pretty happy with the training I've done.. probably pulled down 30-40 branches out of all my plants and broke one that healed and unfortunately did break the up most top on one of my Auto Lemon OG plants but despite that it's hanging in there. In other words, I'm learning! Lol. Thanks for the tip and compliment!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hope someone checks this out.. didn't want to make a new thread in case it's the same problem. I've got some calmag that will be here day after tomorrow but my first Auto Lemon OG that I planted is getting worse pretty quickly. In the past few days one of the lower leaves started yellowing hut only in the middle of the leaf. Is this a calcium issue? I looked at the charts posted above but it's hard to pinpoint my problem.. thanks for any info!

Attached Files:

14. I'm no expert, but calcium def looks like brown spots, that looks more like nitrogen deficiency to me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. The new growth looks strange too, I was looking more at the pics of the big fan leaves. Hopefully someone more experienced will help u out

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. It does have the small brown almost rust colored spots on a good amount of leaves indicitive of cal def and that's what I thought about that fan leaf. It is a lower leaf and thought maybe that's Nitrogen deficiency but I haven't seen them fade like that in the pics I've seen, where it's still green in the middle like that. This being my first go 'round I havent seen a bunch of problems yet so am struggling to identify.. thanks for your comment!

17. I thought the new growth was funny too, compared to my other plants (which are not under LED like this one). Is kind of wacky wavy on some leafs.. BUT I've been doing a bunch of leaf tucking(nothing to stress her out too much, I think) to expose the flower sites so have been unsure about that.

18. Hmm.. maybe potassium def.? I've seen a couple similar pics to the fan leaf..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Burger I'm no expert but using the charts provided online it looks like potassium to me. Maybe you'll have to go with a little trial and error on this one to find out my friend.