How does my first plant look so far?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by imanewplayer, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Hey guys! I'm a first time grower with a plant about 2 weeks old, can anyone tell me howgood she looks so far?

Attached Files:

2. looks good. maybe a slight lack of lighting. fill the rest of that cup with soil

3. Yeah just a tad bit of stretching there. What's your light setup?

4. 2 100 watt cfls hanging above

5. How far above?

6. About an inch above the top. And equiv. WattsSent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Yeah I don't see why you would be stretching then, 200 watts of cfl would be enough for a seedling. Either way looks good, just keep it going. And be sure to add just a little more soil to bury some of that stem to make sure it's not so weak and flimsy

8. I filled the cup with soil. Thanks for the adviceSent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Two 42w cfl's is enough light. Everything looks good. Bury your stem and put some more soil in there to get rid of the stretching.

10. she needs the light to be closer. Not so close they touch and burn her . But put some on the sides. Im using 1-26w & 2-9w Actual not Equivalent if you look on the bulb it should say in small letters shes kind of small for two weeks mine is two weeks its a random seed from some weed :) i just put two lights on a gatorade bottle with pipe cleaners from a dollar store haha.

Attached Files:

11. The equivelent to a 200w bulb is 42 actual watts. I said that in my past post. His plant is too young to put the lifht that close. When they are that young 6 inches is fine.

12. yeah i guess 6 in would be good why is it growing so slow then if he has 2-42w bulbs ? His is the same age as mine .id think his would be bigger than mine he has more light then i do. Did he germ the seed 1st or no ? Its pretty small for two weeks and stretched. Imo . I had stretched plants not a big problem to fix. :)

13. Probably because the soil is too hot for seedlings. Everything else is right so thats pretty much all that can go wrong. Once it's established a nice root system it will take off.