Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How does it work?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NickM420, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Well the more you smoke weed, the higher you get, and the longer you are high for. But if you say, are a noob smoker, or have a very low tolerance, and you cash 6 bowls (unlikely, but just hypothetically) how long would you be high for? if you increase the number of bowls you smoke will you get high longer? If you smoke for 10 minutes and get high for an hour, then if you smoked for a half hour would you be high for 3 hours? Just curious. I'm sure it depends on the bud ect, but if anyone has any info that could help my curiosity.

2. When I was a noob smoker I would smoke a bowl or 3 and be baked for 5 hours. Now its more like 2-3 hours, the 1st hour strong.

3. mostly depends on bud and tolerance. smoking more weed at once doesnt nessesarely meen you will be high longer (although that could happen) but youll probably just be more retarded high until it goes away.

4. that's a bad idea. you won't get higher beyond a certain point, so all you're doing is fucking up your tolerance by saturating your body, so to speak, not to mention wasting bud as well. you should always smoke JUST enough to reach your ideal high.

5. I find that if I smoke again near the end of my high, I can keep the current body stone going for longer.

6. Your high eventually platueas. Smoke enough and you'll pass out.

7. It's unfortunately not as simple as 10 minutes = 1 hour, 30 minutes = 3 hours. The process of actually getting high is a bit more complex.

The level of high you get is dependent on the current chemical situation in your brain, it can be affected by how much you've had to eat, what mood you're in, what other drugs you are on (obviously), etc.

To answer your question simply, the only way to increase the duration of your high is to space out your smoking. Smoke half a bowl, wait half an hour, smoke the other half, wait an hour, pack another bowl, etc. Bombarding the THC receptors in your brain with large amounts of weed will certainly intensify your high, and will make it longer within certain limits (usually around 4 hours is the max for a good, solid high). Eventually you wear the receptors out though, so bear in mind that smoking a lot at once will usually cause your tolerance to grow quicker.

8. When I first started smoking I would smoke two bowls and be high for 5-6 hours, and the highs were great.

Now, I can smoke six bowls and I'm just sitting there wishing I could get as high as I used to. My highs don't even last long. 45 minutes in, and I'm coming down and miserable.
    I'd give anything to get my low tolerance back, without having to have a t-break.

9. so why don't you just take a t-break? are you a MMJ user? it's really not that hard and is obviously going to pay off.

10. :confused:

I was just curious how it worked. I am on a t-break, cause I'm dry. I'm not a mmj user.

11. i wasn't sayin that to you bro, that post was directed at the guy above me