How does it look?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Menchville, Dec 28, 2013.

1. #1 Menchville, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013
    Day 12 total from germ, we have a sugar mango ryder auto and a chese candy fem reg.

Sugar Mango is 7 1/2 days old.
    Cheese Candy is 5 1/2 days old.

The cheese candy has difficulty earlier on with the sed pod being attached and the coyalete turned black, but it turned out nicely.

The orange thing in there is because it was leaning over so I use that as a hoist.

They are about 1 - 1 1/2" away from 2 26W 6500k CFL, Is that fine?

[​IMG]
    ^ Cheese Candy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^ Sugar Mango Ryder(A)

2. more light.. they're stretching and looks a lil small for 12 days but I could be wrong

keep going and grow some great medicine for yourself brother  :smoking:

3. yeah definitely need to throw more light on them...twelve days...wow. and try using a container that isn't see through...roots hate light.

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 Menchville, Dec 28, 2013

Well, that is 12 days from the date they started to germ. not the day they sprouted, here is the dates.

Cheese Candy Fem
    Germ Date: 4:19 PM 12/16/13
    Sprout Date: 3:27 12/18/13
    Broke Soil Date: 12/22/13

Sugar Mango Ryder Auto
    Germ Date: 4:26 PM 12/16/13
    Sprout Date: 3:15 12/18/13
    Broke Soil Date: 12/20/13

So, the Cheese Candy is only 5 1/2 days old, and the Sugar Mango is 7 1/2 days old.
    I didn't want to overload them with my 300W Blackstar yet, because the Cheese candy was very fragile when it first popped out.

Ahh yeah, that is a good point...thanks for reminding me, going to transplant soon to 3G Smartpot. 

Thank you brothers.  :smoke:

This is my last grow BTW, so it isn't my first time. I started my other ones out on CFL's to, and then put them under the Blackstar and UFO's which they started to flourish.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^ Grew Polar Exp, Pineapple Exp, Roadrunner and a Bagseed.

5. yeah I understand about your lighting situation...still maybe one more wouldn't kill them...try to raise the soil level up if you can. other than that you seem good to grow from what I know

6. I will throw another 100W's of CFL's in there for another 7 days or so, to help them grow some strength, transplant them out to a 3G smart pot with new fresh median, and then put them under the Blackstar to get a good vegging in.

Hopefully they will turn out pretty well like my last ones.  :smoke:

Thanks brother.  :bongin:

7. hmm I usually keep my seedlings about 8 inches away from a 300 watt cfl so that much more will need to be farther than 2 inches...they're still babies remember

8. sorry for the extra post...wouldn't let me edit. but maybe try three inches and see how they do about an hour from now...

So you think my CFL's are to close to the seedling? I am going to move them slightly higher for the night to see how the react, I am ready for it to start developing that stem strength so it won't snap like a twig, got a small oscillating fan on it right now.

10. oh yeah...burying that stem a little more will assist in that too. but if your using 200 real watts...yeah an inch is a little close to that seedling lol...oh yeah four inches and you'd be safe. especially for the night. if you see extended growth in the morning move it a tad closer until you find that sweet spot. that's the trick with cfls anyway...

11. #11 Menchville, Dec 28, 2013
    I am just worried about the fan leaves pointing slightly up, and the lean really makes me nervous, I don't wanna wakeup to my baby fallen over.  :confused_2:

But then again, I might be over analyzing, I don't remember my seedlings doing this my first grow so it's new to me. 

12. hmm like I said fill the pot completely up with soil and if you still feel uneasy, maybe some pipe cleaners or a stake tied to it to hold it up? I've never had to tie up a baby. I always start with a solo cup about 3/4 full and fill it up as it grows...usually happens in 12-36 hours...for me anyway...

I will put more soil in tomorrow to even out the median, hopefully giving it more strength in the dirt.
    I am thinking of a proper way to tie it up straight, Maybe some string.....and a tooth pick.  :confused_2:

We will see in the morning if it perks up a little more, nothing more to do tonight but let it get some light.

I feel like the cheese candy will be a bushy little thing by the way it's growing.  :bongin:

14. good ideas man...subbed btw

15. #15 izaxius, Dec 28, 2013
    First ever grow. I chose Feminized White Widow from Nirvana.
    First feeding 7 days after transplant 20/20/20 with trace essential nutrients in basic soil/perlite mix in 3 gallon pot.
    2 weeks after transplant.
    1124130739b~2.jpg

6 weeks after transplant.
    1228130030-1.jpg
    6 weeks after transplant... bottom side of plant.
    1228130030m-1.jpg

Under a 400w Metal Hallide
    18/6 light cycle.

So... again im a beginner, this is my first plant. Feminized White Widow from Nirvana.

How does it look folks??
    What obvious beginner errors do u see?
    Would love some feedback :)

16. dude make your own thread...don't hijack this good fellows thread...what are you thinking dude?

No worries brotha, he is new here. 
    Must not have known the rule's or common courtesy .  :confused_2:

Plants are looking good this morning, sticking straight up. Will take another picture tonight for a update after I add soil and 3 more CFL's to her.

But in-till then.  :bongin:
    Have a good day Blades.

18. I do apologize if I was rude...my bad didn't mean it that way

19. Alrighty hey brothas I filled it up with more soil to the rim, leaving only about 1" of stem left. I watered, and added another 56W of CFL's.

She is almost ready for the LED.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, she is purpling a little....do you think that might be due to the coldness in the grow box? Sometimes it feels pretty cool in there with the oscillating fan on, so I turn it off from time to time.

I think she looks very pretty though, but I don't wanna hurt her. 

and here is the Cheese candy, still small but its developing its first set of fan leaves.

[​IMG]

I am determined.  :bongin:  Even if the yield isn't big, I want to finish these babies from start to finish.  :metal:

20. only thing I can think of this early would be the cold temps...but every time about a week in I get purple stems too...generally it's fixed with the first feeding...making me think it's phosphorous...but Idk...this is my own problem. I'm thinking it's gotta be cold temps man