How does it look?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SsYyNn, May 14, 2012.

1. So a few months ago I posted asking how would you think it worked if I took a seed from some dank and just tried to grow it with sunlight and water. I got lots of hate and lot of people saying don't even do it, because nothing will happen.

Well, its still growing! Super slow though haha. But tell me what you think, and it is a female right? It was growing in my window but then I moved it outside and it is growing a little bit faster. Also I read that when grown with 12/12 it starts the flowering stage. Well its prob growing at like 12/12 since the start, so does that mean it will start flowering early resulting in small plant?

But anyways I came into this expecting nothing, and would be extremely happy with one gram of smokeable bud! But tell me how you think it will work out:)

[​IMG]

I tried to take a picture under the leaves but it came out blurry.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Very nice!! I don't see any pre-flowers yet, but I hope it's a female. I want to see you finish this :)

3. looks good..i think you might have mites though bro. I think those little white dots look like mite damage.

4. #4 SsYyNn, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    Yeh I didnt notice those till I look at the pic, any suggestions on what to do? I havent spent $1 on this grow yet lol

and thanks for the nice comment Not Sure:)

edit: I just googled spider mites and it didnt look like it. Im assuming it could be because I havnt water it in 4 days since I went away? But I just gave it a bottle of water since it was dry! and heres a better pic

edit again: maybe it is spider mites lol....
    [​IMG]

5. Oh no! Get rid of them! :O

edit: question, does your plant smell at this point?

6. Well i'd like to verify it for sure, and uhhh I dont think so lol,

I hope not!

7. i believe the bugs themselves hang out on the underside of the leaves. flip 'em over and see if anything is moving around.

8. I have spent nothing on my grow also and ive got a beautiful 2 foot bushy plant myself gota let the hater hate

9. hell yeah man!

10. Yep they call it weed for a reason. However I think most people like to hate because you could have doubled/tripled your yield by using a good soil mix with nuts, topping and lst'ing but it does feel good not having to babysit plants.

11. #11 Numbnutts, May 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
    She has spider mites obviously First thing first get rid of em..those white spots are perfect em apples of the damage they do hen they suck the frikkin leaf or whatever

That actually would be the perfect example of spider mite damage, you NEED to deal with that they will kill that plant left unchecked.
    Also did you remove any growth, usually a plant left to grow from seed will grow branches, not usually always.

12. I'm sorry disregard the branch statement, how young is she how much direct sunlight does she get?

13. I agree with Numbnutts & everyone else - spider mite damage, get rid of the little bastards ASAP!!!!
    I could give you any number of suggestions on getting rid of the spider mites as long as you're not hellbent on staying the zero dollar route - like Azamax or NEEM oil or Spinosad or MightyWash.
    Not criticizing your zero dollar thought, kinda cool actually, but.... say you went to the health food store or vitamin shop and bought a $6 8oz. bottle of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap, in the Hemp Lavender or Hemp Peppermint scent. This is not for your plant, it's for your girlfriend. Now, let's say you accidentally put 1/2 tbsp of this in a quart spray bottle and accidentally fill it with water and shake it up really well. Then just after sundown you accidentally spray this on the entire plant, especially on the undersides of the leaves. Then, since it was so much fun using your girlfriend's soap, you accidentally do this again every 4-5 days for at least two weeks (wouldn't hurt to do longer). Chances are the spider mites would be gone, and it would all be accidental and you still wouldn't have spent any money on the plant, and your girlfriend would think "how thoughtful".
    Then she buys you a 400W HPS setup for your birthday and INSISTS you bring that pretty little plant that smells like her soap, inside.
    Gotta love it when a plan comes together.......

14. Thanks for the info man:) I will be looking into some neem oil this week I guess:)

15. Better a spider mite problem now than later when the plant is more complicated structurally (or worse, messing up bud).

I spray a solution of neem oil (as Olde School mentioned) and cover anything I grow right before the lights go out. probably don't want to do it during the day as a beaded-up solution could probably cause it to water burn the leaves. You'll be spending a little money (very little) but it's organic, food safe, and at least in my experience it works very well. After a few applications they were gone, I still use it as a preventative measure.

16. $0 solution: spray it with your hose, if you have a handle with a selector use "flat" or "shower", get under the leaves to knock them off. Some people use their shower head if it's on a hose, right in the tub.

17. yeh ive been sprinkling the leaves with water for now, and I look under the leaves and did see any..but my plant seems a little droopy today idk why, but my dad moved it.

18. I was kinda hoping you'd go the route of getting your girlfriend to INSIST you bring that pretty little plant inside that smells like her soap!!!:D
    But the neem oil is A#1 recommended, because it works and is totally safe. Just get them under control before it blooms.
    Besta luck to ya!

19. #19 SsYyNn, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
    Just got some neem oil! mixed 1/2 TBS with a quart of warm water in a sprayer and im ready to go!

also from the details given, how much do you think I will get from this plant? and what quality?
    I was thinking at most prob like a 1/4 of dank mids. The seed was from dank dro tho.

200th post:)

20. Well bad news guys, a rain storm came and pretty knocked it down! and pushed so roots out so it looked like this...
    [​IMG]

then I made a homemade fix on spot!
    [​IMG]