How does heaven work?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Ryusuke, Dec 31, 2012.

1. If we die when we're old and wrinkly would we go to heaven (assuming we're good) in that old state for eternity? because that sounds like hell to me

and if babies die do they go as stupid annoying babies?

Also how can heaven be any good if majority of your friends and possibly family are going to hell for not being Christian?

2. As an athiest, i say dont worry about heaven, as far as we know we just rot in the ground, dont waste time thinking about it

3. Unfortunately, yes; if you died all old and decrepit you will remain that way forever in Heaven. So it's best to die young and without any serious handicaps such as missing limps. However, this is hard to accomplish, because suicide is a sin and committing it will land you straight in Hell. You just have to be lucky, I guess.

But as for your friends and family who never accepted Jesus Christ into their lives, I wouldn't worry about it--according to Mathew 4-16, Heaven often employees members of Hell to cater their dinner parties, weddings and other social events so chances are you'll probably see all of them again. You can't talk with them, though, because their mouths are all shut tight with hot needles, but you can still wave.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNdMc6wGtU]Talking Heads - Heaven - YouTube[/ame]

5. #5 Kroovy, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    To my knowledge it is never specifically mentioned in Christianity in which bodily state you will be in while in Heaven. However I would think it would be whatever way would make you happiest (I mean you ARE in heaven remember).

Honestly though I don't believe it works that way. We are souls inhabiting bodies not the other way around. When we lose our bodies we return to or natural state of being bodiless energetic beings. Heaven is a certain vibration and most people won't go there after dying nor will they go to Hell unless they self judge themselves to go to those places.

6. #6 Stormy Sea, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    Umm... it doesn't, lol.

(Don't hate on me! To each their own, and somebody had to say it.)

Also, better to worry about what you can see and what's right in front of your face, imo, than to waste time worrying about something you'll never know (whilst still alive) for sure.

7. Yeah man you totally "go" to heaven and its just like this life, except heaven life! *sarcasm* yeah I hope youre not serious haha there isnt a heaven man

8. What exactly IS right in front of your face? Is what's in front of your face the same as what's in front of my face? Would we describe it the same way? We each have our own realities both in conceptualization and perception/awareness. Just because your reality, or someone else's reality, does allow for something doesn't mean that everyone's reality makes the same accommodation. Ignorant people sit around all day arguing their own points of view -- intelligent people use other people's point of view to learn and assimilate into their own point of view.

9. The bible says that when Christians get resurrected they will put on a new body. It's described as a total transformation, of 'putting off mortality' and 'putting on immortality'. So things like aging effects, missing limbs, etc. will cease to exist.

The bible never implicitly states that we will all be young in heaven or we will all be old in heaven, however.