Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How does eating pot in brownie form effect drug tests?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Chode, Mar 3, 2004.

1. I'm planning on making 8''x8'' pan of brownies with either 3.5 grams or 7 grams, and I was curious how they effect drug tests. Since the THC enters your body differently, does it metabolize differently, and stay in your system longer/shorter?

2. No I believe it is still metabolized in your liver, so i don't think it would make much difference.

BTW, I would definitely suggest using the quarter rather than the 8th.

3. I read somewhere that when you eat it the THC stays in your body longer. =/

4. nothing different...the only difference between consuming THC by stomach or lungs is that smoking ANYTHING is bad for your lungs....eating pot is perfectly safe...and the claim that thc stays in the body longer is a half truth..what it means is that its not metabolized as readily as if inhaled directly into the bloodstrteam..it sits "longer" in the stomach slowly being eaten away at by bile and intestinal juices and whatnot...so basically its just "metabolized" slower at the beginning...but once its been turned into the fatty metabolites it remains as (the stuff that drug tests test for) it will linger there the same time as metabolites which originally came from smoked weed remain...

5. Awesome thanks. And it isn't really a dire situation, I don't need to worry about drug tests at the momen, knock on wood.

6. Some people make their bud into Cannabutter before putting it in brownies: they say it distributes more evenly across the entire pan of brownies so each is just as strong. But, I've never made em'. Only read up on them so far.