How does Da Buddah match up when compared to a Volcano?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TokinMMA, Jun 12, 2012.

1. New to the community, excited to be here now though.

I have smoked now for a few years. As someone who is involved in athletics (I train in MMA as a side hobby from my school), I want to get a vape for the obvious health advantages.

I live in Vancouver BC, so obviously I have been to Marc Emery's Vapour Lounge a good number of times. I have only used Volcano's as far as vapes go. They have always got me high and I love how simple it is to blow up a bag.

However, a Volcano is quite costly, and I have heard great things about the Buddah. So, for those who have experience with both, I wanna know how they match up. I realize whips are different than bags.

I like the Volcano because:

It is simple
    It gets me high as a kite (highest I have ever been)
    The bag setting is very relaxing

Am I able to achieve these same goals with the Buddah?

Thanks to all who answer! I am a vape noob :p only have used the Volcano's maybe 12 times.

2. Personally, I like the Da Buddha much more than the Volcano.

I'm not a huge fan of bag vapes though =p. Don't get me wrong, the Volcano is great, but my preference is whips, and the Da Buddha is about as good as it gets with that.

Because it's a whip vaporizer, it may not be as good for groups as the Volcano. I often pack my bowl around .15-.25 in my Silver Surfer (Functions the same as the Da Buddha). I've seen people pack a g easily in a Volcano.

There is going to be a bit more of a technique as well. I view this as a good thing, as I find a whip gives you control, and fresher, tastier vapor. However, this is part of what makes Volcano's good for groups - there's no learning curve. An advantage of the whip is that you can get vapor whenever, without waiting on the bag.

In terms of quality, the vapor will be excellent in the Da Buddha, easily on par with the Volcano, just in a whip, not a bag. The Da Buddha is also very sturdy, can be left on, and any repair it is unlikely to need in it's long life past it's warranty will cost at most 25 bucks.

It does not have a temp display like the Volcano, but seeing as it's a whip vaporizer, and temp is wildly dependant on inhale speed, a temp display would be meaningless anyway. It does have a nice metal knob, with a steady heating element, that will go to your desired preference based on knob location every time.

The Silver Surfer is by the same company, and is a bit more, but has the same heating element and all glass airpath. The differences is that the Silver Surfer is put together in the USA, it's on a slant (makes herb less likely to fall into heating cover), comes with more heating cover options (they all function extremely well), and has a heady glass knob, and comes with more options.

The Life Saber Vaporizer is also by the same company, and a handheld plug-in vaporizer that is meant mostly for use with Glass bongs and bubblers. It has the same heating element as the above vaporizers, but it's compactness make it so it doesn't stand up, and gets a bit warmer to hold when left on for extended periods. However it removes the somewhat awkward tubing for a tasty vapor airpath, and also comes with a dry glass mouthpiece.

Also, from the sounds of it you really like bags....so..

Check out the Extreme Q. It does both whips and bags, quite well too. I don't believe it does whips quite as well as the Surfer/Buddha, and I don't believe it does bags quite as well as the Volcano, but for the price, it does both extremely well, and even has a remote.

3. Thanks for the reply :)

I'm not really loyal to bags or whips, it's just that the only vapourizer I have used is the Volcano, so it is the only thing I can compare to :p I just wanted to get some more knowledge on them. Through my own research, Da Buddah looks like the one I want. I have a hard time justifying buying a Volcano since I have the Vapour lounge (all Volcanos) in close proximity.

I was just curious on the quality of the Buddah vape mostly, and I like what you'd told me. The Extreme Q does sound very cool though.

4. Certainly not a bad choice! I think the Buddha at home and Volcano at the lounge would be a great combo. Then all you need is a portable and you're set ;].

Have fun with the Da Buddha, I also highly recommend using it with glass occasionally.

5. All I can say is, if you're gonna be using it for groups go extreme-q. If its solo, go da buddha

6. I have da Buddha, volcano, and a vapor genie for on-the-go.

I love all three, but if you intend to vape with other people the volcano is the best. There is zero learning curve to make it work. If the user knows how to breath they can do it.

The Buddha requires a bit of skill even with the perfect temp setting. One of my friends actually ignited the herb inside the tube and nearly broke the whole thing.

7. I too have had the herb ignite, it's nothing bad tho. Don't see how you would break it. Just turn it off quickly. It's really not that big an issue.

Breaking your wand on the otherhand :/ needa get a new one