How does a cell phone tap work? Help me with this question

Discussion in 'General' started by Dark_Angers, Aug 4, 2007.

1. So I was wondering how a cell phone tap works. Do they track the sim card? Do they track the number? Or do they track the actual phone? Sim card tracking I guess a new card will put them off your tracks. A new number would throw them off in number tracking. And a new phone would throw them off in phone. Question is which is it that used for tapping?:confused:

2. tapping, they just have to go to the main hub and listen in to the calls, its not hard. tracking, thats even more simple. what they do is find the 3 nearest cell towers your in range of, and using the 3 ranges, they can triangulate your position and bam, your found.

3. If you don't wanna be found through cell phone use what it the best way to stay hidden?

prepaid phone?
    changing numbers often?

With all this phone tap business and shit I wanna go off the cell phone map.

4. prepaid phone but if your slangin im sure eventully their snitch will find out your number and then its the same shit all over again

5. i think a good first step would be to stop using your cell phone

6. Yeah, thanks to our friendly new Patriot Act... they can do anything. All new phones have a GPS locater so they don't even need to triangulate, they know EXACTLY where you are if they want to. Older phones have to be triangulated, which isn't as accurate all the time. But you only have to worry about that shit if you're selling weapons, dealing government drugs (white, H, PCP), and any kind of terrorism related activity. With small to mid time dealing they're not going to go to those measures. They love to tap phones though, oh god do they love it... my phone's been tapped for months, it's so god damn annoying.

Prepaids helped, but honestly, never say a word over the phone. Ever.

7. yeah, nowadays they can definitely do whatever the hell they want, but you've gotta be doing something pretty big to make them watch your cell calls / track you...

I don't know of any local / county police that have the capabilities to do that (maybe in major cities, I don't know, I don't live in one). As far as I know, the vast majority is done by the FBI, and if the FBI is watching you....that's not good, man.