Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do your highs differ from indica to sativa strains

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Web209, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Hello everybody. So I was just curious to hear your guys experiences on how your high differes if u smoke a indica or a sativa and which one u prefer??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I will only smoke either pure indicas of indica dominate hybrid, I've maybe only ever smoked a handful of sativas without knowing before hand and the high was crazy, I had major anxiety for hours and couldn't relax myself, with indicas I'm chillin, watching movies, eating, taking with friend, just all in all having a great time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I enjoy both but don't usually do Sativa's because I feel some physical anxiety symptoms as I am coming down. Indica's on the other hand are awesome because they take away your worries and you still feel great after.

4. I'm very in experienced and have only ever smoked indica strain. But do u still get the anxiety and paranoia even if the strain is a hybrid and 50 50 for both sides? I've never had a sativa but wanted to really bad because I wanted more of a head high then I get with indica but maybe not now that u guys say that it causes anxiety

5. Sativas are fun and are terrific for outdoor activities like hiking. I don't think it is exactly right for me to say that it causes anxiety because I am never really anxious about anything. I do feel the physical symptoms of the anxiety though, like a really strong sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. It is kind of like the feeling when something really bad happens and the bottom drops out of your stomach. That bottom dropping out of my stomach is what I feel. I don't get any paranoia with it. The hybrids are hit and miss on the anxiety feelings which seems to make sense. Also if I use Sativa a bit lightly, and then switch to Indica when the anxiety feeling starts, I can usually head it off. I haven't used a Sativa or any Sativa dominant hybrid in probably 8 months. It is definitely worth trying though because a lot of people don't experience these negative symptoms.

6. Yeah I used to smoke nothing but sativas and felt no anxiety and especially never paranoia. It makes me very euphoric, mentally relaxed but I'm still willing to move around. I do eat a lot more on sativa, indicas personally make it hard for me to swallow so I avoid eating when using indicas because I feel like I'm going to choke. Luckily my stomach feels oddly full after smoking indica anyway. Indicas also tend to put me to sleep. Sativas may relax me but I'm mentally alert. Both make me more intuitive and give me better memory recall.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. For me I do really like both tbh but they are both situational if It's in the morning or I am chilling with mates I like sativa over indicas because I feel so up lifted and creative I believe I can complete just about any task as well as my self being motivated to get out and do something (nature sesh). I often enjoy indicas either at night with friends hotboxing a car just zoning out and having some munchies, the other is when I am by my self or going to bed it's great just to relax and sink into the couch watching a movie.

8. I've been smoking since they invented pot and to me it's all the same. Sure I've read all about the supposedly differences in strains so I grew a pure Sativa crop just to have that experience and it was the same. Maybe it's in my head or maybe it's in yours. To me THC=THC. And the difference in the most potent strain and fairly potent strain is one hit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. For me it's indica alllll the way, sativa's don't really get me high they just keep me awake and make me hungry, don't laugh at stupid shit or smile more even after a couple bowls of sativa.

10. I agree with Cactus Ed. But we're old so....

I think Ed is older.
    But I'm a little old.

Fuck I don't know, where's my soup?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I prefer indicas because they get you higher and they help me sleep. Sometimes i will opt for a sativa. Sativas give me a trippy head high almost like i was fried on ****. I also laugh my ass off at everything when i'm high on a good sativa. Food tastes better on an indica. Music sounds better on a sativa.

12. Interesting to hear folks say sativas give them anxiety. I feel like hazes and the like have always helped me chill. But both are amazing.

13. my homie whos been smokin 15+ years told me he cant tell a difference
    for some reason im starting to notice
    sativas are fun for partyin
    but indicas seem more balanced for me
    i enjoy both tho, like a lot

14. Indica always relieves anxiety & keeps my mental chatter down

Sativa is always euphoric and colourful to me