How Do You Work Out?

Discussion in 'General' started by new_age_hippy, Apr 12, 2007.

1. I'm not a weight type of person, probably because I don't want to be bulky and my arms are scrawny as hell but I do long distance running and yoga, and rock climbing when I can. I usually run around 10 miles 4-5 times a week, and yoga 5-6. Yoga is the shit, I don't see a lot of guys doing it though because I think it's made out to be "girly" but it takes a lot of strength once you get up the higher levels.

2. you do realize that you'd have to lift very heavy weights for a long period of time to put on considerable bulk, right? not only that but lifting weights will make you less fat (i.e. lower body fat %) because it increases your metabolism.

as for me, my job is a workout. and i masturbate a lot.

3. I have a slender frame (5'11 and 125-130) so any real bulk makes me look bulky. It takes a lot less for me to bulk up than the average person. I do have body strength, I can leg press around 320 due to Varsity basketball in HS, but my legs don't build bulk as much as my arms and shoulders do.

4. I'm on the Rippetoe's style of training. Just an all around great body building guilde-line. :)

Lots of squats and body weight excereszies. Hell I wen't up 20 lbs in the passed three weeks. :)

5. 20 in 3 weeks is a lot. i wouldn't be suprised if a good percentage of that wasn't put on in body fat.

6. 12 ounces at a time.

7. come on man, you gotta step up to the 40 oz. curls.

8. nah, seriously. I don't really work out much nowadays, as evidenced by the wicked gut i'm cultivating. Lately I've been playing tennis about 3 times a week. I'd like to play more, but my work schedule conflicts with my tennis buddies (the ones that can carry a rally anyway), so i don't get to play as much as i'd like. We generally go for about an hour and a half, not playing matches (too much standing around, especially since we all have weak-ass serves), but just drop starting and playing rallies. It's a lot of fun.

I gave up on weights, partly because at my gym, you have to wait to use just about everything. Partly because the waiting makes weight training fantastically boring for me (I like to circuit-train, if i'm training at all), and partly because I found out the hard way that i'm forever doomed to have chicken legs. It got to the point where I was doing calf-raises on a plyometrics box with a squat bar with 250lbs on it, and my calves just would NOT get any bigger. they got cut up as all hell, but I just couldn't add any bulk whatsoever. Same thing with my thighs, as in high school I was leg pressing the exact same as a 6'4" 270 lb behemoth of a man (don't remember the exact weight. Last time i did leg press about a year ago, I was in the 460 range, believe it or not), yet still I'm a scrawny motherfucker. I quit working out my upper body, cause as my lats expanded, I started to look funny with my twigs for legs, like I was roided out or some shit, so i abandoned weights.

I'm just a cardio guy I guess. I sprinted for a while in high school, 11.8 100 as a sophomore, 21.3 200, but I was more suited to cross country. My janky ankles made me give that up, though. My ideal workout now consists of some raquetball, basketball, and then some tennis, but that's when i'm in shape, which hasn't happened in a good while. I can barely make it through tennis nowadays.

9. Weights, lots of them. Gotta drink a lot of water to work out, gonna go gobble some up. Lift some weights you stoners.

10. I go to the gym maybe 4 times a week and I lift a different body part each time I go so I am not doing the same exercises each time. I lift with my brother which helps a lot. If you have someone to workout with, definitely take them up on the offer because you motivate each other and makes working out more fun. I have been lifting at my new gym for about a month and I am already seeing great results. I think being big and strong and healthy helps in almost every part of life.

11. lol used to lift weights, but ever since i got my job... i dont have time to lift. I do get a hefty workout @ work whenever im not on a forklift hehe.

... I try to do at least 15-20 push ups everyday though, just to keep me goin lol. Guess i should do some other shit too, but i dont care, 20 push ups are fast.... so i can drop down and do em whenever.

12. I don't think I would ever try yoga. I've read stuff that counters the reasoning behind it, and also I think Penn & Teller did a Bullshit episode on it too. I'm all for lifting, running, and the 300 workout (yeah right). You ain't gonna get washboard abs from yoga, you need to punish yourself. ;)

13. If you like yoga, you gotta try pilates, that stuff is the shit, and it is a work out :p

I have issues working out my arms because I screwed up my rotator cuff so it's hard to lift weights, so unfortunately my arms are not as tone as they could be :(

14. I do 5 sets of 10 pushups before i go to bed.

And i lift weights occasionally.

But imo, i probably get the best work out from playing basket ball.

15. I fight people for exercise.

Homeless people are always angry and great targets.

16. 20-30 Push-ups about 4-5 times a night.

I own a treadmill, so I just sprint on that occasionally, or if I have alot of time I'll do a 30 minute run. I don't base treadmill workouts on distance or time but on calories burnt. A good 10 minute run should burn about 150 calories.

17. Bench press, bicep curls, and the tricep shit... sit ups, upper back, lower back, deltoids and of course, thigs... keeping fit for myself, and the ladies

18. I lift 2-3 times a week [different routines], and I run every now and then, I'm gonna start running more this summer.

19. LOL! The Enlarged Forearm Syndrome! I suffer the same affliction! A comparison of my forearms shows more advanced muscle development in my right forearm than in my left....:D

20. LOL!! My weight lifting is confined to the weight of my pipe as it's lifted to my mouth... :smoking: