How Do You Wash Your Buds?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Icemud, May 7, 2014.

1. Extract it and filter the solution through a .2 micron syringe filter if you want to process potentially moldy material. Even then you should just avoid it.

2. #22 stupidstuff, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    Actually pure n-butane has such a different polarity from the aflatoxins that a tightly packed tube and a closed loop system would yield low enough levels to be safe. It's a theory derived from looking at the polarity and the potential of the aflatoxins A and B to be dissolved into the butane. However the polarity of other solvents like propane and methane in canned butane make it a bad idea for open blasting.

And again it's a theory based on zero lab testing. So yes avoid moldy material.

It is nuts to a point. If bud is moldy its fucking garbage. If ts been sprayed in flower its garbage.

I will admit the early morning before harvest, if its been dusty and dry I give my outdoor plants a good shower with a garden hose to get the dust off.

Now indoors I do think as we strive for higher quality we might adopt methods from growers of other things and build and grow in a laminar flow rooms where the intake air is highly HEPA filtered and basically sterile.

I dont care if someone washes their fucked up crop but remember its fucked up and try to remedy the problem so the next crop is not fucked up too.

We should strive to grow perfect bud that has had nothing but clean water, clean air and proper organic nutrition otherwise dont fuck with it,touch it, let the cat spray it or whatever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I know this is a old topic, but it shows up on google.

H202 @ 3% is fine to spray on buds

5. Really? So if you are growing outside and you are an expert you can keep all of the bugs and dirt and dust out of your bud? Produce is washed because we consume it. Sorry but I don't want to smoke bug legs and eggs and dirt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tell me more of these two toxins, please.
    Inquiring minds.....

7. interesting idea but I can't imagine anything washing out of sticky trichomes without fear of losing the trichomes.

8. I wash all my outdoor stuff and the bugs and dirt and shit that comes out is crazy. There is no loss in potency that I call tell and the smoke after is very good

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. It's not just an idea. It's a growing practice that started about six years ago and it works amazing. The trichomes don't get messed with it all because they're not water-soluble. You'd be amazed at the amount of bugs and dirt and larvae and eggs that get washed out of your bud

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1