How Do You Vermi?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by The Farma, Jan 21, 2014.

1. [quote name="thomasmfjefferson2" post="19392150" timestamp="1390494761"]You can make lacto bacillus serum at home for free.... but I don't know about em1... i've been curious about this as well. If there's anything to buy... it would be a bottle of em1. Then u can make AEM which will extend the life of that bottle a lot. I'm not sure that u can really make Bokashi Bran with lacto bacillus serum alone because there are other important orgs in em1... :confused_2: :s[/quote]Well I mean, you dont absolutely need every organism in the em1. I suppose a mix of different "serums" could have different microbes that do the job. Say I do the oat bran, molasses, salt and skip the ceramic powder, ill have enough from the mix of them to do the job, correct? Im no biologist but given the correct settings microbes will grow and develop by themselves eventually. Time is just the concern. However, you would have to do that with every single pile unless you use some of that pickled scrap in a new bin. (Introducing the old microbes) so it would produce them faster.

I feed mine Rabbit poop, Coffee grounds, Oak leaves and greens

3. [quote name="JUSTHILLBILLY" post="19398362" timestamp="1390581131"]I feed mine Rabbit poop, Coffee grounds, Oak leaves and greens[/quote]How fast does this process work?

Ha  i don't know really never kept track of anything, When it done it done.  Everything is chopped small for faster in take and rabbit pellets are moistened and mashed just to help

5. [quote name="JUSTHILLBILLY" post="19399318" timestamp="1390593728"] Ha i don't know really never kept track of anything, When it done it done. Everything is chopped small for faster in take and rabbit pellets are moistened and mashed just to help[/quote] I used to use rabbit manure for my garden and I must say It was pretty fertal, I could only imagine the quality of your compost. Thats a nice idea.

You can make Bokashi from newspaper. In fact, I believe that Wetdog does it that way if I'm not mistaken.

http://newspaperbokashi.wordpress.com/category/newspaper-bokashi/

7. Take all ur scraps ..seal them in a bucket and let them turn (go sour)...worms like veggies and fruits when they start to turn and go sour or ferment...for instance a fresh apple worms wouldnt be attracted to it that much...but an apple that has started to decompose ..they would be all over it ..so take a food processor and make all those scraps super small...the smaller the scraps the faster the decomposition = faster worm castings....but my personal opinion is to go buy a cubic foot of castings.. just wait for the worms to get the job done.....Sent from my SGH-T889 using Grasscity Forum mobile app