Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you use sugar leaves?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by VareseZombie, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Is it a smart idea to put them in a grinder to make kief? Or should you just keep them attached to the nugs and smoke them?

2. You can smoke them, make edibles, or dry ice hash, or wax, or qwiso wax if you don't have a rig, probably wouldn't grind them

3. My grow was so small an the harvest staggered I had VERY little so just let it fall. A bigger grow I would definitely save for rosin or something.

4. If they are true sugar leaves (covered with trichoms) I leave them on and smoke or otherwise process for consumption.

5. Grow more buds and toss the trimmings on the compost pile. Fans, Stems, and sugars.
    Not worth the processing effort and or solvents you'll need.
    My 35 cents adjust for the inflation we don't have.

BNW

6. If you don't feel like making tintures or edibles the best thing is get a sifter box and make hash.

7. I dry them if not dry already, then I freeze them until needed. Then they go in Bubble Bags and ice water, and I collect the trichs. I dry the trichs, chop the stuff up into little dry bits, and then they go into rosin squeeze bags (37 micron). I squeeze in my DabPress and get a beautiful rosin. It's a couple steps and takes a couple days with the drying if you don't assist with heat/fans.....but totally worth it.

The last pound of sugar I ran thru got me 48.3 grams of really nice hash rosin.
    No solvents, just ice water, heat and pressure. And no plant material to smoke and inhale, just the goods.

And when you consider it's about $80 per gram of rosin at the dispensaries up here, and that rosin is pretty much all I smoke now, no doobies anymore, the juice is well worth the squeeze.....

If you press your stuff, I wouldn't waste your time trying to skip the bubble bag steps, and just jump to the squeeze though. I've found I get nowhere near the returns trying to squeeze dry sugar leaves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I make bubble hash .

• Like Like x 1
  9. I make bubble hash or iso and then use the concentrate to either smoke or make edibles / tincture. Concentrates can be found relatively cheap here so I just do whatever I am in the mood for at the time and go to the store if I want something else.