Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do you use a spoon

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hellzyeah, Mar 18, 2009.

1. hey so sorry but ive got a stupid question im new to smoking and i just got a spoon for my bday and i was wondering how to use it
    thanks

2. Put the weed in the little bowl light it up and suck in through the hole on the other end lol.

3. There should be one end that has a big dip in it. That's the bowl, and that's where you'll put your weed. the other end has a hole, and that's where you put your mouth. Hold a lighter above the weed and light it while you inhale into your lungs. When you can't get any more into your lungs or you can't stop yourself from coughing, exhale. Repeat.

4. honestly, get a friend [probably the guy that gave it to u] to show u how to smoke it. It's better to see/be shown then to read how to do it on an internet. If you really want to know, youtube it. I call spoons bowls....

5. put in herb that u grinded up or pulled apart by hand. (RIGHT HANDERS PERSPECTIVE)use you left hand to put thumb over small carb hole with pointer on the other side stabalizing it. lighter in right hand. put your mouth on the place where you suck. hold flame over the bowl.. with more practice you can corner the bowl which is like treating the packed bowl like a piece of pie and you hold the flame on the edge of the bowl and inhale. anyways. hold the flame over the bowl and suck in (still with the thumb on carb) when you see the smoke come into the pipe you take your thumb off and the smoke will go into your lungs. Its hot as fuck so try not to cough. push that smoke down into your lungs as far as you can hold for 3 secs and exhale.

p.s. youll eventually get to where you know how much pressure you need to inhale so you wont fuck yourself with heat or pieces of herb

well i think thats about it.. happy toking

6. Oh dang, I forgot about the carb. Ha.

7. Many spoons have a little hole on one side. That's the 'carb'. Hold your finger over it while toking if it has one.

8. I'm a visual learner, hopefully this will help. The text that says "Thumb Here" is you need to cover that little hole with your thumb on your left hand. Hold the lighter with your right hand unless you are left handed, then vice versa. The arrow that points to weed here, is where you put the weed. Here are some pictures, hope they help. Also, suck slowly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More or less where things go. When you feel your lungs fill with smoke, take your mouth away, breathe in some air, hold for 5 seconds, then exhale.

9. Well done monkey...I just gave you your second green dot for that ;)

10. #10 Typewritermonky, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    I know my photoshop skills aren't the best when I'm high, but I am cheering on the inside Oldskool! This bowl is for you! P.S OP if you still need help, I will take a video with my spoon tonight.

11. Sorry for the double post, but this isn't related to the last one. Just made a video of how to use a spoon. I had to make it fast since guests are coming over soon, so if you need a clearer one I can put it up later. Here it is!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL8paZdyY38"]YouTube - How To Smoke Out Of A Spoon[/ame]

And repeat!

12. hey thanks so much for the pics and video it rllly helped me out :D

13. No problem, happy high!

14. hey Monky did you really put that video yourself or just search 1?

15. At first I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything helpful. So I made that video myself and just uploaded for the sole purpose of helping Hellzyeah.

16. i personally use spoons for eating, but yeah. w.e floats your boat. lol. jp.

yeah everyone summed it all up. Goodluck wit that mang.

17. So you break the bud up when you put it in the bowl? Won't it fall through the hole?

18. Yeah, at the beginning he says "Hey there hellzyeah...".
    Really good video and pictures. You spent a lot of time to help someone out.
    DEFINITELY plus rep.

19. thatts the same thing im wondering about. Does it have some kinda screen or do you add one or is the hole to small or what lol

20. #20 oldskoolgrower, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009

Most people don't use screens with a glass spoon. You can use a tiny pebble or a tiny chunk of bud to make sure the finer stuff on top doesn't fall through. After the first couple of uses the tar buildup (what noobs call 'resin') will help the weed stick in the bowl as well.