Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do you treat smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Karcinogen, Dec 30, 2010.

1. so i've been wondering for a while how everyone else treats smoking?

what i mean is do you see it as just a normal thing.. like you get home and hit a bowl, no biggie. Is it embedded into your day just like making a cup of tea?

or do you see it as quite an important thing and shouldnt be rushed.. like you get home, make some munch ready, clean up, put some dope music on, clean your piece and really enjoy the experience?

i find i go through phases.. recently its been quite a special thing. I'd always clean up before i toke so i can enjoy it the most. But i've started liking just keeping a bowl.. or two.. handy all day to toke from whenever.

what do you blades think about this? Sometimes i think smoking shouldnt be a big deal 'cause its just weed.. but at the same time i feel it deserves to be celebrated and respected.

:wave:

edit: shittttt, anyway to add a poll after its been posted? damn this new browser. :(

2. It's become something pretty normal for me. I usually wake up, smoke a bowl, then go about my business as usual. When I have some time to relax, I try to enjoy it as much as I can. I sit back and write while I listen to music. Usually make myself something to eat, and then sleep like a damn baby.

Although, I can't smoke for 3 months as of right now. My first smoke sess is something I'm going to celebrate. It's going to be GLORIOUS.

3. 3 months.. wow. Sessions are always amazing after long breaks though.. so so so worth it. :hello:

4. I haven't been able to smoke for about a month and a half now, but I like to treat it like a meditation ritual. I mean its no "big" deal to me its really more of a normal thing.

5. Haha yeah, I got arrested so now I just have to deal with it.

Exactly, I'm treating it as a tolerance break. I was smoking daily for over 2 years, it was to the point I was barely getting high. This next time around, I won't be smoking nearly as much, and WAY higher quality nugs.

I'm on day 20 of not smoking now. It kinda sucks, but... soon enough I'll be high as a kite. haha

6. I try to treat it like a special thing even though I do it everyday several timesa day. Try to treat everything that way though lol even if it's not it's a funner view than otherwise and that's what matters.

7. Everything one does should be treated as special and savored. I treat it just like I would having a fine meal, a fine wine, or a well crafted beer. It's just another part of my life, but I always make sure I savor and appreciate the things I enjoy.

8. I see cannabis as being like having a beer at dinner, so i'll get home from work and light up a spliff, it's nothing major, just one of lifes many little pleasures.

9. I agree. There will undoubtedly be times in ones life where they take things for granted, no matter how small it may seem. It's important to realize that not everyone has the same opportunities as you may have, even if its something as simple and smoking a bowl. I know people who would kill just to have bud at the moment, but for whatever reason, mostly financial I assume, they cannot have it.

So anytime I pick up a bowl and smoke, even if its a daily thing, I try to realize that it's a privilege to have and that I should cherish it. Whether it be a fine wine, beer, or whatever, appreciate what you have and try to get the most enjoyment out of it.

10. A little bit of joy, a bit of happiness and a chance to unwind.

11. I don't smoke alot, but I treat it as a ritual, sort of. I make sure everything is placed and set - sortof like having Thanksgiving dinner at your house. I get everything ready. I normally don't listen to music, mainly because I smoke in my parent's house and get paranoid and can't hear things if I listen to music.

I would normally smoke once or twice a week. I also like getting stoned to cherish things like first snowfall and Christmas. I got baked when it snowed 20 inches here in NJ and it was wonderful. It made me appreciate life and all it's mysteries. I would also smoke after Christmas to just chill-out and enjoy the fesitivites like eating and enjoying my presents (drum cymbals!)

12. What both of these guys said, basically. Some days I can take it for granted, but most of the time I take time to pause and think about how amazing it's going to be. You'll learn not to take it for granted if you ever have to give it up for a month or more

13. it depends. if its by myself say when i get home from work? fuck it i spark up wherever and just relax and then go to sleep. if its with friends, maybe we prepare a little more. if its with someone who doesnt smoke much, i make sure everythings set up so everyone can have a good time. or, if im smoking out of a new piece for the first time i ususally try to make it special:smoke:

14. off topic but what cymbals did you get? and what kit ya rocking?

i like.

15. an end of the night snack lol and like asprine medicine for me sometimes i like to get blown but not to much

16. had to go 3 months without blazin because of "legal" problems. first day back.... was epic to say the least. from being everyday, multiple times a day is tough. but i still rip everyday! :smoking:

17. To me its my medication. I smoke when I need to:smoke:
    I dont really get high, just comfortable:D

18. It seems to depend on the day,time,location. sometimes i seem to take time, not rushed at all, other days i just inhale, exhale, and its over.

19. I see it almost as a food, albeit a very expensive one. It can be consumed frequently with no direct health effects, only financial ones. Hence it should be used in moderation, for me that's ~.7-1g of top dank/day.

20. ^^This...
    I treat it like it's part of my med routine. The best part about it is it replaced five prescriptions. That's FIVE lab created poisons I don't have to take thanks to cannabis. I love having the opportunity to tell people that. It really surprises most people.