Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you think weed has effected your health?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by fuzzyl0g1c, May 1, 2008.

1. I mean this in a more general sense. It seems like ever since I've started blazing I never get headaches, sick, etc. I use it as medicine for everything (like hangovers) and that's why it kicks ass. I actually had some stomach problems before smoking but when I smoke consistently I'm fine. I don't know the point to any of this, I'm just really blazed. Haha.

P.S. it may be cliche, but it really took me 20 minutes to write this.

2. total with you on that one fuzzy in terms of medical ..... im hardly ever sick, and if i ever feel like shit or just feel physically wrecked i roll one up and all my issues are gone and when i come down im either all good or asleep so its a win win .....

also weed after a heavy night of drinking (hungover) or pills (scattered) is fuckin great to kinda chill ur shit and help yourself cope with it ......

and as always its damn good if u just wanna catch some needed ZzZZzZzzZzzzZZ's

3. HEHE it is alright we don't care how long it took you to write it as long as it doesn't take us that long to read it LOL. I think that chronic use does damage the lungs a bit but not to the point of cigarettes by a long shot. I think if used in moderation cannabis provides nothing but positive effects on the body with no ill side effects to speak of really especially if vaporized or eaten. IT is a great and sacred medicine that needs to be embraced instead of the man-made garbage that is killing us and peddled to us on tv and ads in magazines every day. ;) PEace and POT!!!!

4. the only bad effect weed has on my health is that I get colds alot

5. not really...... Just a cough here and there. :D :smoking:

6. yes wtf u think guys you can smoke all day every day and you will be as good as new? it doesnt work that way.

7. I can't remember what the question was.

8. I honestly hadn't coughed (Like a real cough) in years before I started smoking, and five weeks after I started smoking( two weeks ago) I got a gnarly cough and what I thought was a sinus infection. It's almost gone by now, but now I know it definitely lowers my immune system. Still worth it though.:)

9. I know that personally since I started smoking I've been much happier and mellow overall, I used to be pretty depressed and angry, which makes me think that I'm slightly dependent on smoking, but for all the positive effects, I say it's worth it.

When I first started I would always accidently swallow my hits, and that would make my stomach uncomfortable. Used properly, cannabis is the ultimate stress reliever and relaxant.:hello:

10. nuuuuh uhhh freevibe.com says over the long term, smoking pot can be worse than cigarettes. :rolleyes:

11. Anyone who has started smoking marijuana is less healthy now than before they started smoking (at least in the lungs). I don't get sick and I am a VERY active person, so it's easy to see the effects it has had on myself. My lungs are still fine but I can definitely tell the difference as opposed to before I started smoking. What people don't understand is weed NEVER makes you more healthy. When people get prescribed MJ, it's not to make them healthier. It's to help with their symptoms and side effects. I use it purely as a recreational drug, as I don't have any of these diseases that need easing. And to ^^^...I could go to a website and find many things that tell you otherwise. Honestly, in the long run...it's not worth it to NOT invest in a vape. Not saying you have to give up *smoking* MJ completely...but if you plan on smoking the rest of your life and you want to save your lungs, get a vape. Otherwise, you'll die early.

12. Very miniscule losing of place. Like driving down the road and then ill space out and forget everything before that lol.

13. Pwned

14. though theres no proof of it causing emphysema and it's thought to actually prevent cancer (so in turn, lung cancer)

15. Well, thank you...

Having smoke in the lungs, regardless of what it is, isn't what our body was made for. Obviously you won't be as good as you were before smoking, but it's a lot less damaging than ciggs ( I smoke both).

Speaking of which, I have 4 newports left. Fuck. And I'm broke...

16. i feel ya man. major health complications and most disease i normally would often get i know hardly get, i have a little more of a cough than before i started tokin, but since i stay outside and active with climbin bikin and so on i feel my health has greatly improved from weed

17. i feel your pain

18. Cannabis is the reason my immune system is stronger because during highskool i used to get sick from sharing the piece wit everyone, but by the next year i was almost never sick cause i built up immunities. i only get really sick once or twice a year now. it is also very good for wen i feel like shit or wen im coping with hard situations where i need to clear my head and just chill for a while. unfortunately, i am convinced that my poor lungs have suffered but not in the way they would of if i have smoked cigs since highskool.

19. Don't worry about smoke affecting your lungs. Cannabis smoke only irritates the large part of the lung, which can heal and isn't easily permanently damaged. Tobacco smoke hurts the small airways of the lungs, which are what can't be easily repaired.

20. When I first started smoking, I got really sick often. But after a while it stopped and I've been fine. Don't know if it's directly related to MJ or not. I do cough a little more but it's not bad. I'm more of a calmer person now.