How do you think the world will end?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by McMuffinMe, Feb 28, 2009.

1. I don't think the 'world' can end unless the universe 'ends'. However I think humanity will end much before that.

2. Yeah but that only works if you subscribe to moral objectivity.

3. You'll die.

Everything else will keep evolving.

4. #24 McMuffinMe, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    Humanity's end.

5. #25 chaosrxn, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
    All three:

It will be a natural disaster for us as Humans to kill ourselves by trying to become God.

6. #26 Perpetual Burn, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    If by humans you mean homo sapiens- transhumanism.

If by humans you mean spirit children- never.

"Divinity is imminent."

7. Without us.

8. i think that corporate america will eventuaally fall, causing mass chaos and rioting

this will trigger eco-terroism and murders globally

9. Idk. I'd rather smoke a blunt and pretend i'm never going to die..

10. The world will end when you are lifeless yourself.

11. Sadly I think that, unless the entire human race undergoes a communal change of consciousness, we are going to be our own undoing. We need to seriously reevaluate how we treat each other and the world on a basic level. There is no other animal on the planet that is as violent as human beings. And if we keep at it we are going to kill ourselves.

Every single day people are dying at the hands of other people somewhere in the world. We fight over land, resources, power, religion, politics, science, race, etc. We are constantly developing new and lethal technology with only one goal: to kill people.

How much longer will it be till a virus gets loose or a bomb goes off? How much longer till one of these constant world wide conflicts touches off another World War?

In my opinion we, the human race, is fast approaching a precipice. We are coming to a fork in the road. Down one path lies our doom and down the other our salvation.

The human race needs to embrace its humanity. We are all one in the same. We need to take a look from outside ourselves and really consider our situation. We are all human and we are all floating on this rock moving through space. We only get one chance as a species to make it on this planet and we only get one earth to work with.

We need to truly realize whats important and let go of the material things that bind us. If we dont, I fear that we are going to end up like the other 99.9% of all life on earth that came before us. . . extinct.:hide::hide: