How do you think the universe was created?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scapegoat Adams, Sep 5, 2011.

1. I believe in the big bang theory but I'm open to other ideas. But I mean like the universe had to be formed at one point right? Something had to of happened

2. I dunno.

-Atheist

3. Chuck Norris round house kicked god in tha face.

4. I believe that God made the Big Bang go boom. But it's my belief and no way in hell am I 100% sure so don't dont flame me.

5. Kabbalah explains it best (very complex though), but what you would see if you were there is the Big Bang.

6. Its obvious that 2 unicorns fucked and they were fucking so hard they died to create the universe.. That is why the don't exist.

7. Our universe was created by a technologically advanced alien species.

It is wired by a super computer with enough processing power to simulate every human being and their consciousness, plus the environment around us. We're nothing more than a SIM game powered by computer chips.

8. I believe in the big bang theory. You should watch that special they had about the creation of the universe on discovery channel. Curiosity or something..it was hosted by stephen hawking. It was really interesting, he explained how something can come from nothing

9. More on the computer simulation argument:

Ten years after Hans Moravec first published the simulation argument (and three years after its update in Moravec's second full pop science book), the philosopher Nick Bostrom investigated the possibility that we may be living in a simulation. A simplified version of his argument proceeds as such:

i. It is possible that an advanced civilization could create a computer simulation which contains individuals with artificial intelligence (AI).
    ii. Such a civilization would likely run many, billions for example, of these simulations (just for fun, for research or any other permutation of possible reasons).
    iii. A simulated individual inside the simulation wouldn’t necessarily know that it is inside a simulation — it is just going about its daily business in what it considers to be the "real world."

Then the ultimate question is — if one accepts that the above premises are at least possible — which of the following is more likely?

a. We are the one civilization which develops AI simulations and happens not to be in one itself?
    b. We are one of the many (billions) of simulations that has run? (Remember point iii.)

In greater detail, his argument attempts to prove the trichotomy, either that:

1. intelligent races will never reach a level of technology where they can run simulations of reality so detailed they can be mistaken for reality (assuming that this is possible in principle); or
    2. races who do reach such a sophisticated level do not tend to run such simulations; or
    3. we are almost certainly living in such a simulation.

Bostrom's argument uses the premise that given sufficiently advanced technology, it is possible to simulate entire inhabited planets or even larger habitats or even entire universes as quantum simulations in time/space pockets, including all the people on them, on a computer, and that simulated people can be fully conscious, and are as fully sentient individuals as non-simulated people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality#Arguments

10. Mind = fucked with no lube

11. Yeah Its shit like that ^^^ why I dont like to think about it..

12. God was chilling and was like 'this shit boring as fuck ima spawn a universe'

at least that's what I read in the bible

13. #14 Bank of Dank, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Well whatever da fuck happened or is happening, I agree. Rather livw n enjoy than sit and ponder for an answer I will never get until the end. So have fun till da end

14. I watched something with Hawking the other day where he explains what he think happens, and the way he put it was;

"We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that is as simple as an explanation is. There is no God. No one created the Universe, and no one directs our faith. This leads me to a profound realization. There is probably no Heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the Universe, and for that I am extremely grateful."

I believe the Universe was created by the Big Bang, but I don't believe there was a creator. Just something happened, and here we are. It could be luck, but then again, luck never existed until everything was created.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQhd05ZVYWg]Curiosity with Stephen Hawking, Did God Create the Universe? - YouTube[/ame]

15. a common philosophy question is "How can something come from nothing?"

16. Scientists are working on the answer. That's what they're here for.

17. #18 Bank of Dank, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Da fuck can they do? Honestly how could they be 100% on it? Please excuse the ignorance, shit like this is so hard to even comprehend for me

18. so if this is a matrix scenario, how do you become "the one"? i think it involves lots of drugs

19. ..i think it has always been.

with time and energy, everything is possible.