Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Do You Tell The Difference Between Indica & Sativa

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Rasta Mon, Oct 25, 2008.

1. without smoking them
    can you smell the difference? see it? or wut

2. just a semi-guess but arent indicas usually dark in color? i have yet to see an indica with that has that has that bright lime color to it. there are dark sativas though.

3. indica tends to be denser whereas sativa tends to be a little fluffier. this doesn't always hold true by any means. only sure way is to smoke up.

4. If you know your strains really, really well then you can identify the phenotype by smell, but even though I've been smoking for 20+ years and have been a medical MJ patient for 4 I can't tell a strain just by odor, though I'm getting better.

Coloration has nothing to do with it though, I've seen both varities with colors all over the green chart.