Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you tell quality of weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tmgrg, Oct 2, 2013.

1. There are obvious signs, like the smell and the number of crystals, but are the other ways as well?

2. Moistness. Not too dry, not too wet. Just....sticky.

3. Smell, taste, how it's trimmed, absence of seeds, sticky after handling, high trichrome content (under a light you can see how sticky it is), after awhile you're just able to tell if it's good or not.

4. Is how light/dark it is an indicator or does that just vary depending on strain? 

5. In general a lighter green color smokes better than a darker more forest green color.

You want a like a neon green, lime green mixture haha. So you want neon lime green I guess?

Hahaha anyone get what I mean?

Basically bud quality is largely on smell. The stankier usually means the fresher and danker it is. Darker buds tend to be more dry and burn faster IMO

6. Taste, smell, potency, freshness and how many trichomes are still intact.

7. definitely make sure it is not too moist..smell is usually a good indicator but can be deceiving sometimes as well

basically you just gotta know your stuff lol,comes with experience :bongin:

8. You will always read tricks and tips about how to tell how dank weed is , wether its sativa or indica and these will all give you hints and tips of what the bud is, but you'll never really know until you take a fat hit.

9. #9 -Martyr, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

Color is more of a genetic trait carried by the strain, but it's a futile way of trying to classify what you see, since multiple strains can have the same appearance and even similar benefits, while still being completely different. You'll find often times that growers distinguish a lot of the traits of the various strains through the actual growing process which means: type of leaves it grows, coloration/patterns, smell, bud formation, height differentials, etc. Much of the cannabis community, in my opinion, associate a history smoking a strain to being able to properly classify the same strain. If someone claiming to be able to distinguish a certain strain that they smoke when they pick up from a connect or medical marijuana dispensary was to step into a field of that same plant growing out in the wild, they would probably have no clue how to even begin trying to classify it. Nor would they probably care...cuz I mean field of weed, right?

10. Google and learn the difference between male and female weed. Take a quick look at your stem as a first step to see that it stayed female. Then if its a girl and smells nice, with decent crystal coverage, then its probably nice. But my first step is usually to check the sex first. Nothing worse than getting stinky minty male buds.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

wtf :O who the hell grabs weed and suddenly gets male weed :O .

12. what you mean?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #13 iTweaker, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013

you cant get high off male plants , anyone that grows and gets male plants either throws them away or makes hash out of em ( wont get that much though) So I dont see how people are able to get away with selling male plants unless OP grows and wants to tell what sex it is but I doubt he grows if he cant yet tell bud quality :S
    [​IMG]

only females got bud :bongin:

14. By how high it gets me.

15. Good signs:
    Strong smell
    Visible crystals
    Orange hairs or blue tones in the color
    Stickiness
    Good taste
    Dense buds

Bad signs:
    Dry
    Almost brown in color
    Seedy
    Unpleasant taste or harshness

In my experience, good weed tends to be more aesthetically pleasing than lower-quality bag. 

16. Such bullshit lol. So a purple strain that actually is purple due to nothing more than genetics means that it is automatically going to smoke worse and be drier?

How?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

17. This is going to be any less dank than bright green nugs?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

Attached Files:

18. #19 Smokebox, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
    If you re-read my post I said "in general" which implies that it is not a 100% of the time accurate statement.

Obviously what you said wouldn't apply to that. No?

EDIT: Not to mention my original post in here was really vague and confusing as hell anyways. Man was I stoned... I look at it now and I get what I'm trying to say just can't quite figure out how to say it clearly.

19. #20 Shiva Blaster, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
    Ummmmmm, hate to Captain Obvious, but the only sure-fire way to tell the quality of weed is to smoke it (duh).