Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do you tell if the weed your smoking is good?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by finom444, Dec 28, 2010.

1. i was watching Weeds and they were able to tell if it was good weed by taking one hit of it....how does that work??
    i never really noticed anything when taking hits..for me, if i get a good high from it then its good weed...how were they able to tell it was good weed by taking a hit?

2. It's a TV Show.

3. When I was new, I also wondered. But as you smoke more, you can just start telling. Some people can tell by the way it looks, I can't really do that, unless I see a lot of chrystals, then I can assume it has a lot of THC. But I always feel it when I smoke dank :)

4. From the way one or two hits makes you feel. That's the only distinction between good and bad weed, I'd say. If after 2 solid hits you feel different, your lungs feel a certain pressure to cough a lot, well, effects differ per strain but you should be able to tell. If it's shitty it will be much easier to take huge hits and theyll have less of an effect on you

5. umm i git by 80 percent smell...10 percent seight..n 10 percent smoke

6. I feel like you can't tell the difference until you've smoked both schwag and chronic. When I first smoked I smoked schwag and got high as fuck. I had no idea how shitty my weed was though. If you smoke chronic, you'll know it's dank as fuck. Large, crystally nugs that smell really skunky or fruity. Also, the more seeds/stems you have in your sack the lower the quality. Chronic generally doesn't have more than 1 seed an eighth, if that.

7. I completely disagree..I find smell overrated and so do most people I know.

8. thanks ACW...i get it now :)
    some weed, i need hella hits before i get high..but some weed only takes me 1 hit..makes sense now

9. When you can close your eyes and massage the back of your eyelids by spinning them around :D

10. Usually I find that the stickier the weed, the better it is :smoke:

11. When you start smoking dank, go back and hit some schwag. You will know the difference right away.

12. Well smell can be somewhat of an indicator. Most of the more potent and expensive strains I buy at the coffeeshop smell somewhat sour. Also the smells tends to be more intruding.
    I've never really bought any of the cheap strains that aren't as good so I don't really have anything to compare it to, exept the mid-price range. I find that the high from those usually lasts shorter.
    I can't tell how good weed is right after taking 1 hit. Taste isn't everything, you need to wait for the effects.

13. This is how I tell.

You break it up fine....
    load a nice hit....
    toke on it...dont hit it hard just toke on it.
    Take about 2 pulls and hold, look for the taste.
    I like my throat to tickle then I look for taste.
    Usually a sweet, pine, sour, or skunk taste.

exhale....

Instantly you should feel it around the tempos, sometimes my ear rings. This only last about 5 seconds. Now comes the cough, you should have a good cough, not a harsh one, and you should get higher each cough.

Im smoking on some OG right now, and thats how it smokes...

14. It's all about the way you feel man:smoke:.. You can definitely notice a difference between various types of weed when you smoke them.

15. Dont care about smell too much, I like to feel if its nice & dense.
    I pay attention to see visible hairs & trichs. Only thing left is toke it.
    Like others said, by the first 2-3 hits, you should kind of get the feeling
    for what your smoking, good / bad. Either way man, enjoy what you got.
    Others have none, this toke it for those who are dry, I feel your pain !

16. I have no idea how they can tell but I guess it's how they feel after that hit. BTW is Weeds a show worth investing in?

17. The smell and be deceiving and so can looks the only true way to know if it's good tree is to smoke it. It's like eating food how do you usually know it foods good? You know as soon as you eat it if its good or not. How it breaks up is another way to tell and what form it comes in and how many seeds break out...all this comes into play when telling if you got that reggie or that fire.

18. If you pinch it and it barely moves then it is most likely chron.

If it smells like christmas and you haven't taken it out of the smell-proof container, then it's most likely chron.

If it gets you blazed as a motherfucker from one bowl, then it is most likely chron.

;)

19. It's a TV show lol. But I can usually tell if it's shit/decent/good by how it looks, smells, and smokes. Also by my high, obviously. lol

20. #20 GTX, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010

That feeling you get when coughing that makes you feel higher is just a lack of oxygen in your lungs and to your brain.