How do you tame your emotions.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GeTTeR, Feb 21, 2014.

1. I feel that sometimes I smoke to suppress emotions or even help bring out ones that I want to focus more on.

It seems more now than ever I want to smoke daily to get rid of more emotions

But what I wanted to hear from you guys/girls what's things you do or think to channel them. Weather it be counting to 10 lol. Or something crazy like a few hours of meditation while facing the east.

Id just like to hear how others put up with inner conflict.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I put my head through a windshield and became a God, in the process I lost every emotion known to man.

Sacrifices had to be made, and I find emotions to be mostly wasted on worthless pursuits...It only made sense it would be what I sacrificed for immortality. :cool:

3. Meditation is kinda cool. I dont takr it seriously but sometimes ill throw on some meditation music, calming sounds mostly, relax take deep breaths and think or stare blankly depending

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I do that every now and a then. Nothing I actually feel helped me prolonged. Idk lol. Im high so maybe this should be more in highdeas.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I do sports like taekwondo and boxing and sometimes hunting. Or I code to relax lol while smoking a fat joint

blaze it till the casket drops.

6. I try to be stoic and not let external events rattle me. It gets easier over time to just let things roll off your shoulders instead of impacting you. 

Words can only impact you as much as you let them.

7. Mindfulness - HUGE ONE, look into it.

Drop the "all white/black" mentality. Look into dialectics. But I mean REALLY look into it, don't just Google it for a day or two and that's it. Practice it, again and again and again.

Validation - Validate your feelings. Sounds stupid as fuck and like rainbows and unicorns and carebears, but honestly man, sometimes we're just too damn hard on ourselves. Look into this also for sure.

SLEEP. I cannot stress this enough. Sleep, sleep, and sleep a good fucking schedule. Don't oversleep, don't undersleep. Try figuring out more or less how many hours you need to feel rested and try to stick to it. I mean try waking up almost every day (if not EVERY day, but I have a hard as fuck time doing this) at the same time, regardless of what hour you fell asleep. Stayed out til 5am? Doesn't matter, wake the fuck up at 9am the next day. This is crucial to regulating emotions, dude, or "taming" them in general.

For a more tangible and "quick" process, hold some ice. You'll focus on the ice, trust me, although I have a certain point where I'm raging so hard that IDGAF about the ice or what it feels like, but it takes A LOT to get me there... Try it!

All of these require a ton of practice. It's seriously like a muscle dude, just keep at it. PM me if you need any more, but these are the main ones I advise people of  :smoke:

Happy toking.

8. Alright I'm gonna tell you exactly what to do. Exercise. During exercise your brain releases endorphins that make you happy. So exercise, and go smoke weed. You will be in a happy state I promise you. Then when you're sober and these emotions you're trying to avoid come back, you ca take a few deep breaths and ease your mind and think about how awesome weed is.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. [​IMG]

and meditation. Not at the same time of course.

10. I have WILD emotions and smoking weed only makes them worse (usually, unless I'm alone). but to control myself I just workout like said above or just beat my pillow up or something, I sound like such a guy haha. I've tried to get into meditation I just haven't gotten it right yet.

11. Keep practicing, it's worth it. I explain it to people like in Happy Gilmore, how Happy goes to his happy place. It is an escape from reality to a place where there is no anger, fear, pain, anxiety, or anything else. It also makes you feel really refreshed afterward. I suggest starting by chanting in your head personally. It is easier to do but can have similar effects in my experience. The Hare Krishna Maha Mantra is super simple to learn, it takes like two minutes. I personally listen to it and chant along in my head while staring between my eyebrows (with my eyes closed), and taking deep breaths. It has worked great for me for the last couple years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XVMgEupff-E

12. also lash out at strangers

13. I have really bad bursts of rage when I get upset. I look around me and I'll see an object, say it's name,and then say what color it is. Do this.to 3 or 4objects and my rage is tamed.

knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

14. You can actually use the Weed as an antidote to tame your emotions.

1.) Use Indica. Excessive intake of Sativa derives activity from Amygdala (primarily seat of emotions such as happy, anger, fear, and variants of emotional related behavior and attitudes.) Since Indica doesn't specialize in the cerebral, it chills you out which eventually leads to the "IDGAF" mindset. However, not giving a fuck does not mean to be hostile, but instead put less emphasis on trivial bullshit.
    2. Increase your emotional intelligence. Don't suppress, but instead modify. Suppressing a problem always leads to something worse so confront them. Emotional intelligence means that you are the director of your emotions, instead of them directing you. Question yourself: "Is it really worth getting angry over this shit"? Its not worth it.
    3.) Use Laughter as a defense mechanism. You have a sense of humor, don't you? Use the humor to dilute aversive emotions, laughter is the best medicine because it reduces your blood pressure, stress, and other vital benefits. I got a link if you want proof.
    4.) Meditation. Meditation works because it backed by empirical evidence which makes it legitimate. Meditation makes you reflect and contemplate, promotes positive energy, cools you down, increases empathy (not bullshitting), along with other benefits.
    5.) Adapt a growth mindset instead of a fixed mindset. This is not rocket science so its not impossible to adjust.

Hoped I helped. Peace, Love, and Good Dank lol

15. I don't. Emotions are natural. People who suppress their emotions are unhealthy. If I have to cry, I'll cry, I don't give a fuck.