Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you take a good close-up pic of your bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by notime4schwag, Nov 21, 2010.

1. I'm using a Canon Powershot A510, and it sucks at taking a close up pic. Always is blurry. Do I need a better camera? I'd like to share some of the heady nugs I pick up in the 845. :smoke:

2. have you tried yelling at it?

3. Yes, it actually stuck its toungue out at me in return.

4. Aren't powershoot just point and shoot cameras? If it has a macro setting you can use that but they won't be the amazing shots you see here, you need a camera with lenses you can change, and an expensive ass macro lens

5. well thats what you get, yelling never solves anything. shame on you, go apologize to that poor thing

shame shame, know your name

6. Or you could be like me and find a macro lens for $5 at the swapmeet, and hold that against the lens of your point and shoot. haha :smoke:

7. OK I think I got it (used the macro setting):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not bad right? (Hopefully for both the weed and the pics lol)

8. nice pics man! thanks for the rep, maybe adjust the lighting or the exposure so the flash doesn't obscure the purp as much, but you can still tell the dankness of the nugs

9. Work on the lighting, get closer, try not to use the flash.

10. Beautiful weed man

11. 845?
    Orange county?

I have a house up in middletown thats why im wondering haha.

nice purps also.

12. if you have to use flash. holding some bubble wrap or even a thin sheet of tissue over the flash can soften the light a lot :D

13. Macro lens are best option but a cheapo set of macro filters would run for about 20 shipped. I do macros with the macro filters over a 50mm 1.8F lens and I can photograph even tarantula's eyes with it if the lighting is good.

14. you resized those pics right??

Try only resizing them like 50%... then maybe crop?

15. Use macro setting on camera, brace the camera against something solid and don't use flash, try to use natural bright indirect sunlight then crop and enlarge the picture to fill the frame of the picture.

16. you need a good macro

Attached Files:

17. ^^lol and then your not even gonna say what your using?

Noob. lol

18. Looks alright with the macro setting, I recommend a different background for the bud and get rid of flash. Use natural light from right next to a window if you can, because it will show the bud the best in the picture. Try and get closer if you have smaller buds, so you can really see the trichomes.

19. #20 gone4good, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
    very true...I honestly dont know...lol I'll look real quick
    canon ultrasonic macro lens EF-S 60MM...i think