How do you size someone up?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dubsackz420, Jan 28, 2010.

1. You can't really accurately judge me based off clothing. I wear alternating styles everyday. If i like it, i wear it.

But no I don't tend to judge people off of clothing. I try to treat everyone the same.

2. THIS THIS THIS perfectly worded my friend, but aside from eye contact, how they talk about stuff, what they talk about, how they talk about it, you know, there are people that just love to talk shit about everything and everyone and i pretty much know who those guys are when i meet them

3. many, many, many things.
    i'm a very shallow person. lol. x)
    i judge people by their looks, their weight, their smell, their clothes, their personal hygene, the way they talk, and the way they act.

4. I talk to them and depending on responses I judge.

With girls I am interested in I take any information I can from appearance clothes etc to work into the conversation for brownie points.

5. My first language is spanish, so it was tough to learn english. I was insecure about my accent, making a mistake when talking etc... I was young so the insecurity was even worse.

As I got more fluent and older I started to lossen myself more when speaking, and now after 3 or 4 years I am still learning english every single day. I still cant write or express my self in english as i am able in spanish.

I realized that the only way to beat that insecurity was to stop worrying about my accent or any mistake I could make. I remember clearly how as I got more nervous i would make more mistakes, and then I would get even more nervous, haha it was messed up.

sorry about the rambling:smoking:

6. #27 Sovereign Psyche, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    when i was in high school i dressed in neutral clothes b/c i didnt want to be associated with ANY group at all

jeans(sometimes khakis) and a plain teeshirt, with no print on it at all

it worked for a while, i could make friends with anyone without them judging me first

i got to college, and im not all about making everyone my friend anymore
    so i dress how i want

i wear collared shirts, if its cold ill wear a blazer, and jeans or khakis
    i guess the OP wouldnt be surprised by how many dirty looks i get from guys

i dont really wanna associate myself with ppl that are gonna judge me from my style anyway

you, nor anyone else, wont be able to tell a smidge about me by the way i dress, other than the fact that i enjoy looking nice

7. Ok,Mr.Perfect.:p

But I agree about the judging people by the shoes they wear,kinda weird haha.

8. Well, I'm not really into sucking cock, so I tend to abstain from these kinds of thoughts in my day-to-day.

9. I guess I don't mind it so much when people judge other's by their appearance, because there isn't much else information to gather from that person. I do know that me and my guy friends, don't really notice other people's shoes. I have a pair of worn out chucks that I've been wearing for a good couple of years now, so I guess I enjoy whatever I'm comfortable with.

10. Yea,ok "dickens cider".:rolleyes:

11. be careful who your sizin there bro do it to the wrong person you might get knocked the hell out lol:smoking:

12. Haven't got knocked out yet! :p
    And guys stop taking it so seriously, I'm not saying I see someone wearing something and automatically hate/like them. It just gives insight into what that person might be like and whether or not we might get along. Everyone does it so get off your high horse :p

13. I dont really like to judge people but these guys are some hardcore douche bags.

14. i stand next to them, thus getting a fairly accurate measurement of their size

15. ha ha ha

16. I always judge poeple by what they wear... If they wear a badge and a gun then I judge to start running.

17. Judging people by what they wear is pretty dumb. You can better judge people by their hygiene or appearance. Someone who constantly reeks of BO all the time might be sending a few (bad) signals.

I tend to look for their gestures and mannerisms.

-Do they look you in the eye when talking with you?
    -What do they do with their hands/arms?
    -Do they slouch or carry themselves straight?
    -How do they walk?
    -How do they talk (monotone, inflections, etc.)?
    -Are they smiley and animated or mostly stoic?

etc...

I'm a people watcher. :cool:

18. To an extent... I know there are always exceptions... like me.

I'm from the hood, and have a hood mentality... but you'd never know it from looking at me or talking to me. If you seen me on the streets, you'd probably think I'm a latte-sippin', tennis playing, trust fund having, guy from the burbs.

I wouldn't go as far to call myself a wolf in sheepskin, but sometimes I feel that way. I'm not out to hurt anyone, but absolutely love it when someone underestimates me because of my appearance.

19. I usually don't wear shoes, how would you judge me? :p

That being said, someone who doesn't wear shoes really doesn't have the right to pass judgment on other people based on their fashion choices.

I'm sure I gravitate towards people who dress similarly to me due to some sort of deep psychological caveman gene. But as for judgment? Nah, I judge on things more meaningful than clothes.