how do you raise the CO2 level?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenbudguy, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Im growing in a closet and the temp keeps getting into the high 70s or even 80s and I know this is okay so long as the CO2 levels are raised. How do I do this?

2. high 70's is fine all day. i would say low 80's is ok too... co2 will drastically improve your yield, but it will need to be regulated. you would need to buy a co2 tank, a co2 generator, or google creating co2 with dry ice is cheap if its short term....

3. #3 greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Cost is a large factor. I'll look into the tank and generator but the dry ice might be more practical for my purposes

4. go to a local hydro shop, they sold me a brick of some stuff that you put it water and it disolves into co2 similar to dry ice but you won't have to store it in a freezer/repurchase constantly. was 4 dollars for a small brick of it, it's really hard though, gotta break with a hammer.

5. #5 greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011
    They were out so I'm going to get dry ice for the time being. Thanks for telling me! Appreciated

6. You're looking at +$1K to do CO2 well. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother and simply suggest concentrating on the grow. Good luck.

Simon

7. blow into your tent for 2 minutes every 30 minutes :hello:

8. Just make sure you have lots of fresh air circulating, it has 340 ppm in it already. Worry about supplemental CO2 later, after you get everything else just right. Dry ice, home brews with yeast fermentation, small CO2 pucks you place in buckets and so on can be used on a small scale. A propane burner is the way to go once you've got your temps mastered. CO2 is the last piece of the puzzle.

9. #9 greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011
    Haha but I work about 10-11 hours a day so I'm not home to tend to them or let fresh air in during work

10. #10 greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011
    Haha okay. I'll worry more about the grow right now. Maybe I'll keep researching and try different things sometimes. I tried the dry ice brick. That stuff is gone fast and will be expensive to keep using daily

11. Get either a C02 emitter and C02 tank for a small room or a C02 generator and propane tank for a large room. Make sure the tank is up near the ceiling and the room is sealed when the lights are on. Vent air when the lights are off. Plants don't breathe when the light is off. Bump the C02 PPM up to about 1000. Normal air is usually around 300 PPM.

12. ^This.

And understand that you need actual ventilation, moving air into and then out of the grow space, not just a fan blowing the same air around in an enclosed space.

13. If you have a C02 generator, a so called "closed loop" system only needs to ventilate in fresh air at night. Otherwise you waste a shit-ton of CO2

14. #14 greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011
    No matter what I decide to use.... I think I'm going to have to break a hole in my ceiling or wall somehow. I'm in an appartment complex so I'm going to have to be careful where I do it so my landlord doesn't find a hole in the addict if he is in there

15. i think you mean attic. not addict. lol. get a small propane bunson burner, and regulate the burn rate. since the by product of propane is CO2 and water vapor. you can get the small propane cans used for camper grills.

16. #16 greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011
    I'd have to worry about heat tho and I'd be afraid of a fire. Haha And thanks for the spelling correction and you're right. Meant attic. Sorry lol

17. if air circulation is good, there shouldnt be a problem, right?

18. #18 greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011
    Circulation is a big problem with my set up tho. I'm in a hall closet and has no vents or light fixtures. I'm thinking about cutting a hole in the ceiling for ventilation but I live in an appartment complex and I don't know the building well enough to know if there is anything above my appartment in the ceiling. I'm thinking about breaking a hole going from the hall closet into the closet in my bedroom and vent air through there and then patching it up when I move

19. I'm sorry I should have explained better... You put the dry ice in a giant tuppaware container, and then you tape the lid all the way around. It won't be air tight, but it will let the dry ice evaporate slower as it creates pressure and pushes it out.

20. #20 valerien, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011

sounds to me like you just told him how to make a small bomb. tupperware is fairy air tight and adding tape...